Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just completed my first longish trip in the F50. It was a 2 day adventure with almost all the F50 driving on the 2nd day. Total distance covered was 700 km in brilliant fall weather. My co-pilot this time around was 10 year old "Mini Me". He was also responsibile for all the pictures included with this post.

Day 1
Due to time constraints, this time I had the F50 transported most of the way south. The truck it came on was fantastic and unlike any other transporter I have ever seen. The F50 arrived in perfect condition and I even had the "fun" of backing it off the truck. As it arrived late in the day, we decided to leave it in the guarded garage by the office and set off early the next morning. With the F50 safely bedded down for the night, we hoped in the 308 "City Car" and headed into town. The joke at this point was that the 308 was the tender for the F50 "Mother Ship". As the F50 could not have fit in the garage elevator at the apartment building, this actually was pretty acccurate as we did need the 308 to ferry us back and forth. Before finishing up for the day, we had a brief strategy session for the drive the next day. We plotted our route and came out with a total distance of just about 700 km. After a brief discussion we then decided to use a two stop strategy, for as "Mini Me" put it, "Dad, if you run out of gas, you are going to look really stupid". And with that we then headed out to dinner.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
hehehehehe your son is right: did you watch the 1st episode of the new series of Top Gear? JC let the Lambo run out of fuel, that was pretty patetic, and it would be even worse if it was an F50 (and you traveling alone, not with a bunch of crew cars)

very interesting how the truck "bites" the car! waiting for the next part of the report! =)

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Awesome stuf!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts