Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only Ferrari F50 in Central and South America lives in Brazil, and it is for sale

1 million and 600 thousand US dollars (!!!!)

for more details, visit the link below

http://carros.uol.com.br/icarros/ache/detalhes.jsp?id=161112

One thing: they say on the ad that it has 4WD. That´s not correct, is it??

·
Registered
160 Posts
No, it doesn't have 4wd. I'm fairly certain the ad is fake. The car they show is US spec, the Brazil car is Euro spec. Also, the license plate they have on that car is not the same shape and size of the plate on the one in Brazil. The plate on the car is clearly a US plate.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree with you, and I don´t think the pictures on the ad are the pictures of the Brazilian F50

But I don´t think the ad is fake, because the store that is selling the car is real, and they do have a lot of exotics

The only way to find out is go there and ask to see the car, I guess

But it is a few thousand kilometers away from my house...

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
stile - alpine said:
Stradale said:
The F50 doesn't cost 1.6million US$. Surely it's a joke!
not in the USA

in Brazil, it does... :cry:
It's the same here! The tax is about 300% - that's the official figure. But with "reverse engineering" we are able to get the duty to around 100%. So selling the car out of the country is out of the question.

But with limited edition Ferraris which are available only in LHD (we are RHD) we don't normally pay duty. We just leave the car in the dealers car park and use it as a demo car (with trade plate) as and when. That way when it's time to sell, the world is the market.

·
Registered
824 Posts
When I was in Kuala Lumpur two months ago I saw a 348 spider on the street and a testarossa at a dealer. One of you by incidence Stradale??? ;-) Roughly, how many Ferraris are there in Malaysia anyway or did I see them all ? ;-)

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
250lm said:
When I was in Kuala Lumpur two months ago I saw a 348 spider on the street and a testarossa at a dealer. One of you by incidence Stradale??? ;-) Roughly, how many Ferraris are there in Malaysia anyway or did I see them all ? ;-)
Come on Niels...where have you been? He drives a Stradale (red with the racing stripe). I believe Malaysia has around 100+ Ferraris. His car is in the middle:

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Thanks Andrew. :)

Yes in Andrew's photo, the Stradale with the stripes is mine. It was taken during the Malaysia Owners Club track day at Sepang last June 18th.

Here's the photo of the joint dealers track day for Ferraris & Maseratis of Malaysia & Singapore held at Sepang last July 30th.

There are more than 250 Ferraris in Malaysia. The Owners Club alone has some 120 members. :)

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Yep, it's an annual event. But the dates vary, depending on the availability of the Sepang track. You'd be surprised that the track is booked solid the year round!!

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Stradale, I really enjoyed your car, and the picture of the track day is also great! :D

·
Registered
144 Posts
I would like to took place in a such an evend as member.... Maybe in the next 5 yars I'll do......? :cry:

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Thanks Andrew. :)

Yes in Andrew's photo, the Stradale with the stripes is mine. It was taken during the Malaysia Owners Club track day at Sepang last June 18th.

Here's the photo of the joint dealers track day for Ferraris & Maseratis of Malaysia & Singapore held at Sepang last July 30th.

There are more than 250 Ferraris in Malaysia. The Owners Club alone has some 120 members. :)

Is the Malaysia Ferrari Owners Club still around ? The website has been shut down.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts