Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove the F50 today for the 1st time in nearly six weeks. Starting it up, it was not happy to have been left sitting for such an extended period. Instead of the normal immediate explosion from the big V12, it hestitated a minute before firing up. Give that it was clearly very cold, I let it idle for an extended time until all the temp gauges were at normal operating tempature before pulling out. To give it a good well deserved run, I had planned a 45-60 minute route over B roads and with a good long stretch on the highway. After about 5 minutes, it felt like I had only driven it yesterday. Man and machine were back in sync. More than the engine and exhaust noise, the two things that clearly stand out from today's drive are the raw power delivering an instant rush forward with even the slightest jab of the far right pedal and the other-worldly handling.

It really is unlike anything else.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
I drove the F50 today for the 1st time in nearly six weeks. Starting it up, it was not happy to have been left sitting for such an extended period. Instead of the normal immediate explosion from the big V12, it hestitated a minute before firing up. Give that it was clearly very cold, I let it idle for an extended time until all the temp gauges were at normal operating tempature before pulling out. To give it a good well deserved run, I had planned a 45-60 minute route over B roads and with a good long stretch on the highway. After about 5 minutes, it felt like I had only driven it yesterday. Man and machine were back in sync. More than the engine and exhaust noise, the two things that clearly stand out from today's drive are the raw power delivering an instant rush forward with even the slightest jab of the far right pedal and the other-worldly handling.

It really is unlike anything else.
:eek: :eek: :p :p :p !

·
Registered
374 Posts
Always good to read about the F50 experience. :cool:

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Nothing like meeting up with an old friend and finding that nothing changed between you two in the time apart... :)

Onno
hehehehe very nice

I guess the F50 is like that dog that you don't have time to pet very much, so it makes a little drama but once it realizes it has your attention, you have the same old fun as always

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Its great to hear the stories about man and beast :D Glad to hear shes running well Boxer:)

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts