Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The F50 is in for its annual service right now. During the pre service inspection a small squeek in the clutch was noticed. Getting to the clutch is not a minor job and a day later we finally got it disassembled to find out what was going on. Turns out one of the seals has failed a a small amount of oil was getting sprayed onto the clutch plates. As a result we have decided to replace the clutch etc (while you have it apart you are better off getting everything done). Hope to have it back in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The F50 is in for its annual service right now. During the pre service inspection a small squeek in the clutch was noticed. Getting to the clutch is not a minor job and a day later we finally got it disassembled to find out what was going on. Turns out one of the seals has failed a a small amount of oil was getting sprayed onto the clutch plates. As a result we have decided to replace the clutch etc (while you have it apart you are better off getting everything done). Hope to have it back in a couple of weeks.
Any chance you could snap some pics while it is in service mate ?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Just a couple of very minor other issues, small squeek on the dash, a burned out turn signal bulb, and a couple of small stone chips on the nose.
Boxer, a couple of AP Racing discs for this wouldn't have to cost more than around a 1.000 Eur. And you'll be left with brand new friction material :) (i'm not sure, but in this kind of car I would think Ferrari uses AP stuff, at least they did in some Formula 1s)

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Boxer, a couple of AP Racing discs for this wouldn't have to cost more than around a 1.000 Eur. And you'll be left with brand new friction material :) (i'm not sure, but in this kind of car I would think Ferrari uses AP stuff, at least they did in some Formula 1s)
The F50 has Bremos and they are quite good. In fact one of the preferred upgrade options on the F40 brakes is to fit the larger Bremos developed for the F50.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Sorry, I meant clutch discs.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
It'll be nice to see the pictures of this beast being taken apart and meticulously put back together. I hope everything goes well for you, Boxer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts