Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It seems that RM sold 69% of the cars offered.
Ferrari - wise no big surprises contrary to what I expected. Tthe F50 (as much as I know a very low mileage example) sold for £319, not a strong number. :rolleyes:
Have gotten a few question on the RM London Auction F50.

What little I know about this car is that it is well traveled and been on the market for quite some time. It was a no sale at the RM Maranello auction earlier this year and Cars International in London had it on sale (along with the rebodied Daytona sold yesterday) for several months. A couple of people I know who were eagerly in the market for a F50 looked at it and passed. Not sure what the issue with it is but clearly this particular F50 is not one which generates a lot of love at first sight. In the catalog description, I did not see any mention of the luggage set, books, tool kits, roof box, soft top, etc. Not having these would put a major dent in the price.

My guess is that it is owned by a dealer who needed to unload it quickly.

Hammer price was GBP 10k below the GBP 300k low estimate. With commission is was just under GBP 320k. Overall still above the market a year ago and definitely not a steal, especially for a F50 which is not complete with all accessories.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Have gotten a few question on the RM London Auction F50.

What little I know about this car is that it is well traveled and been on the market for quite some time. It was a no sale at the RM Maranello auction earlier this year and Cars International in London had it on sale (along with the rebodied Daytona sold yesterday) for several months. A couple of people I know who were eagerly in the market for a F50 looked at it and passed. Not sure what the issue with it is but clearly this particular F50 is not one which generates a lot of love at first sight. In the catalog description, I did not see any mention of the luggage set, books, tool kits, roof box, soft top, etc. Not having these would put a major dent in the price.

My guess is that it is owned by a dealer who needed to unload it quickly.

Hammer price was GBP 10k below the GBP 300k low estimate. With commission is was just under GBP 320k. Overall still above the market a year ago and definitely not a steal, especially for a F50 which is not complete with all accessories.
As mentioned before, look it from the seller's side. The Hammer price was 290' Pound minus 10% (?) sellers provision to RM ? equals 260 Pound ?? That is probably a steal ! Or maybe not because it would show that the market is indeed falling rather dramatically.
I tend to believe that a special situation (i,e, the dealer in need to unload) may very well distort the general market picture for F 50.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts