Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to see an F50 at Joe Macari's in London on behalf of one of our esteemed friends here. F50 was in very nice overall condition. One of the best I have seen in the last few years.

What was equally impressive was the Macari service center *it is an Official Ferrari Service Center) One of the nicest, cleanest, service centers I have ever been in.

The reception recieved was also terrific. Everyone I talked to was both highly knowledgable and quite helpful.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Boxer, I see you're thoroughly enjoying your F50. I would like to thank you for enlightening us all on such an exclusive model. Personally, I have seen couple times in person some years ago. Here's an F50 on sale (for few years now) at this Japanese shop. w/ smiles Jimmy

Attachments

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Jimmy, I heard a very torrid story about a F50 that ended up in Japan a few years ago. Claim was that it had been stolen in Italy. Any idea if this is true?
Although I cannot confirm this, my impression is that this may well be very true, considering how relatively easy (in terms of red tape) it is to import cars. The other way around is true also. There's lots of stolen cars that are taken apart to be exported for markets in Asia, Russia, and Middle East "customers". It is amazing how these things can be executed so easily. Thus, I would not doubt what you suspect can realized. Nevertheless, the example shown is a reputable shop. I believe the asking price was 68,000,000 J Yen. w/ smiles Jimmy

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would think that stealing limited production high value cars like an Enzo or F50 would be of little interest to most professional car thieves. You can't break them for parts, they are easily traceable, and you hae a whole community of global enthusiasts that is dedicated to tracking Chassis numbers. Hence unless the car is going into a private collection and will not ever again appear in public, it is a high risk exercise. I would think it is much easier, more lucrative, and lower risk to swipe large BMWs and Mercedes.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Totally agree with your viewpoint, Boxer. Maybe, this Japan market is easier for this to happen because the rich here IMHO don't seem to give that much attention to history & provenance relative to the foreign markets. w/ smiles Jimmy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts