Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One event in my first couple hours piloting the F50 around sums it up. The first time I took it on the highway I had an eye opening experience as I pulled away from the light and headed down the entrance ramp, not trying to push to hard. About halfway down the ramp I took a quick glance at the speedometer. What came out of my mouth... "Holy Sh*t" ...... out loud and to no one in particular. Without trying, I had hit triple digits, and was just shifting into 4th gear. The really intimidating part, it was done completely without drama. Power, and massive amounts of it, are on tap instantly. Even more surprising, it stops almost as well as it accelerates. It simply does not roll, flex, or hesitate. After about 10 minutes, the F50 really shrinks around you and feels like you are driving a much smaller car. Clutch is fairly light and coupled with the short throw stick, shifting is very fast. Much faster than any other Ferrari I have driven. The engine is something else all again. Legend has it that the engine was adapted from the early 90's F1 powerplant. It definitely is unlike any other road car engine I have experienced, and as it is bolted to the tub directly behind you, the bonding experience is intense.

More to come.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
As someone once said - when overtaking, remember to pull out BEFORE you put your foot down!
Have fun and keep up the reports :)

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Thumbs up Boxer....

Watch out for the blue strobe lights...hehehe!!!!!

Let us know more when you get a chance for us regulars that cant even begin to understand what you felt pressing on that little aluminum pedal...

~

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
THANK YOU for posting something hehehehehehe I was counting the minutes to read about your experiences with the F50

keep on driving it (and telling us about it!)

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow

Nice reportage. Car appears crisp and powerful.
Agree. It is viciously powerful. Squeeze the accelerator hard and you get quite the punch in the kidneys. It terms of the handling, it is very exact. With the pushrod F1 type suspension, you get zero roll or hesitation. It just goes right where it is pointed.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Fantastic, want to read about every driven mile, please.

I guess your face muscles are hurting like hell.....since you must be smiling for days now:D

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Fantastic, want to read about every driven mile, please.

I guess your face muscles are hurting like hell.....since you must be smiling for days now:D
Haha, it must be quite a workout to own a Ferrari...I guess no F-car owners are getting Botox injections anytime soon.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Comment

There is no doubt F50 is a supercar. A roadgoing F1 machine. One comment I may add from my close friend's experience is that in his words, F50's suspension is the design flaw and not suited for "normal" road use. Jimmy

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There is no doubt F50 is a supercar. A roadgoing F1 machine. One comment I may add from my close friend's experience is that in his words, F50's suspension is the design flaw and not suited for "normal" road use. Jimmy
Yes and no. The suspension is very stiff but no harder than a Challenge Stradale. You do need to pick you route and anything with a lot of potholes or major ruts is a no go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts