Votes: 10 52.6%
  • No I dont like it

Votes: 9 47.4%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe some of you guys came across these pictures a few months back and had mixed thoughts about this or know the actual story behind this hard top.

Related articles for these pictures say that it may have just been some guy in Italy who had the hard top made for him but others say that what throws you off is the car had Ferrari factory identity plates on it or could it have been a test mule for a project.

Either way, what do you think :thumbsup: or :thumbsdown:

Attachments

·
Registered
453 Posts
Not seen them pictures before. Though it does look like they were taken in Maranello from what i can recognise. I cant see why they would use a spider for a test bed/mule for a new model. And then make a one of hard top for it when they could have just used a hard top in the first place. Saying that, were are the Factory ID plates?
Anyway if its just a question of the roof section, i like it:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I accidentally clicked yes before I saw the picture. I don't like that...Should've just bought a coupe.

Chris

·
Registered
453 Posts
You know i understand were they might be coming from. This may be an option to try and make the Ferrari a more all year round proposition;) Like what Ferrari are trying to do with the california.
I mean look at other cars from the past, The F50, A 1970s SL, BMW convertibles,Triumph Stags. All with the option of the hard roof. And i am sure the same "what happens if you are out and about and you decide to take the roof down".. could be used about them all. And lets not forget anyone whos buys a 308/328/348/355 GTSs, do we call them confused?......And no you cant put the roof behind the seat and drive it if you are over 6ft on some of the above,so dont say it:smug: Thats why alot look for the foldable soft top option for there GTSs;)
The purpose of a hard top is so its used in the winter as a more refined vehicle, with an option to be taken of in the summer. Makes sense to me.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Having owned a 2001 SL500, I can say the hardtop was a fantastic winter accessory.

The downside was that the additional weight was easily felt!

However, I think that top looks great on that spider, and if I had a spider I might opt for that for the winter.

I would assume for the Ferrari it is a lightweight addition.

Very nice.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Having owned a 2001 SL500, I can say the hardtop was a fantastic winter accessory.

The downside was that the additional weight was easily felt!

However, I think that top looks great on that spider, and if I had a spider I might opt for that for the winter.

I would assume for the Ferrari it is a lightweight addition.

Very nice.
I bet it is carbon fiber or something of that nature.

Chris

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
But what isn't with a Ferrari. hahaha :laugh:

Chris

·
Premium Member
11,886 Posts
Would have been much more attractive in body color or black, rather than whatever color it is.

Given that, I like it. Just paint it.

Looking at it again, it may already be black, in which case body color would be better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts