Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
The price and availability of body parts will make it take longer and cost far more than you think. Insurance companies are very smart, this is not their first rodeo and that car got totaled for a reason, a very good reason.

Sometimes, SOMETIMES if you are really good and really know what you are doing and place no dollar value on your time and wisely choose your project (the term wisely eliminates that car from consideration) and do all the work yourself you can get a salvage car, fix it and have a good car at a good price.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
As much as I would say go for it because its an F430, I would personally stay steer clear! The cost of repair, and insurance (if they insure it) would not be worth it. Just my 2 cents

Chris

·
Registered
19 Posts
No Way!!!

I cannot even get carbon fiber brakes for my F430.

Don't do it.

What the hell happened to the car anyway?

I hear these things like to catch on fire....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To me it looks like someone set it on fire to collect insurance.Because usually when you see these thing on fire most of the fire damage is int the engine bay due to overheating.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
To me it looks like someone set it on fire to collect insurance.Because usually when you see these thing on fire most of the fire damage is int the engine bay due to overheating.
The only problem is that there have been several F430s stranded on the highway due to the engine bay igniting into a large fire, so it more so possible than someone trying to collect insurance money.

Chris

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I think it was insurance collection ,because of the lack of fire damage to the engine bay and interior.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts