Ferrari Life Forum banner
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Hi Ray, PSR5, PSR7, AR1 and AR2 are identical ISO micro relays (SPST-A).
The N006 relays are standard mini relays exactly the same was your old F1 pump relay. You can see here the pin layout Type 1 which is identical: Smart eMT Relay ECU - F1 Pump Relay
I need to check but I believe it's a 50A relay for the fans.
Regarding PSR5 (as well as PSR4), these micro relays are actually a bit different to the others like PSR7 as they have the additional 87A terminal. They are brown 20A/10A relays but can be easily replaced by any equivalent SPDT Form C micro relay. As you can see, the 30 terminal was also badly corroded on both PSR5 and PSR4 relays.

View attachment 244422

View attachment 244423
View attachment 244424
I looked and they are different.

Thanks.

Ray

Reactions: StefVan

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
As an electronics engineer, i can comfortably tell you that nothing is more reliable than a mechanical relay, as long as you replace them (as noted in my discussion) after 14+ years of labor as the contacts will pit. The electronic version will never be as robust. The usual electrical transients, environmental extremes, and mechanical shock that they experience in an automotive environment are all bad for electronics. Cheap solution as noted is simply to replace the relays proactively. Simple job, cheap, and no downside potential. Great reliability improvement, and leaves the car as designed.
I followed your advice and replaced them all. I'm going to cut the old ones apart and check for pitting. Thanks for the clarification.

Ray

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Thank you Dave. Sure, these relays will do a perfect job as the N006 cooling fans relays.

Although, I wouldn't recommend such relay for F1 pump because the relay is operated by a fragile & expensive TCU. The bigger the relay, the higher are the voltage spikes towards the TCU which will end up killing the internal MOSFET. This already happens too often even with the OEM relay. That's why my recommendation for the F1 pump is the Smart eMT F1 Relay ECU to protect both the pump and the TCU: Smart eMT Relay ECU - F1 Pump Relay

Great thread StefVan. Quick question: Would these Flosser 70amp relays be suitable for the N006 and F1 pump relays??

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
For the other relays, this relay is a common 12V 20/30A SPST FORM A ISO Micro Relay used by many car manufacturers. Available from HELLA with reference #933766111 or Bosch #0 332 011 007.
You can also use the same relay with 3 terminals SPDT FORM C (85-87a-86) like Bosch #0 332 201 107 and remove the middle one (87a) where it's not needed.

Some more info here ;): https://www.scuding.com/Shop/en/content/16-smart-emt-f1-relay-ecu-recommendations

·
Registered
9 Posts
For the other relays, this relay is a common 12V 20/30A SPST FORM A ISO Micro Relay used by many car manufacturers. Available from HELLA with reference #933766111 or Bosch #0 332 011 007.
You can also use the same relay with 3 terminals SPDT FORM C (85-87a-86) like Bosch #0 332 201 107 and remove the middle one (87a) where it's not needed.

Some more info here ;): https://www.scuding.com/Shop/en/content/16-smart-emt-f1-relay-ecu-recommendations
So all of the eight relays I posted above, PSR1, PSR2, PSR3, PSR6 and PDR2, PDR3, PDR5 and PDR6 use the same Bosch #0 332 011 007?

I guess I am a little confused since they are different colors yet are all the same specification?

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 · (Edited)
Yes, that's correct ;). The color of the OEM relays doesn't matter, they are all the same and can all be replaced with Bosch #0 332 011 007.

So all of the eight relays I posted above, PSR1, PSR2, PSR3, PSR6 and PDR2, PDR3, PDR5 and PDR6 use the same Bosch #0 332 011 007?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank you again. I noticed on my 2009 430 Scuderia (USA market) the relays are different colors than the ones shown. Must be a different vendor, the PSR ones are bright green if I recall correctly. I only replaced the PRS7...but after seeing this thread, thought I might do more as you suggest.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Just a heads up that because of the supply chain disruptions the prices of all these relays has risen rather dramatically.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
PSR6 relay is also very important to replace by precaution. If this relay fails, the TCU won't be able to give the "Start authorization" and your car won't start at all, no displayed warnings or errors.
PSR6 is identical to PSR7, same relay.

Product Rectangle Font Red Parallel

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
These are the most critical F430 relays worth replacing after many years. As you can see, many of them have corroded contacts.

View attachment 244659
Actually, upon removing the RED relays I discovered they are 30A. All the others are 20A.

They can be replaced by:

Bosch 0332011007 Normal Open Micro Relays - 4 Pins, 12 V, 30 A

From Amazon.

Ray

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Yes it's really worth cleaning the contacts of the relay base with a contact cleaner especially on those where the relays had burned contacts. After using a contact cleaner, dry with compressed air. Of course, as I wrote before, disconnect the battery before removing any relays!

Should electrical contact cleaner be used when installing new relays?

61 - 80 of 84 Posts