Ferrari Life Forum banner
61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
As I said before, a $60 replacement and an hour or so of work makes your F430 the same as factory built. I showed what the relay contacts look like in my 26K mile car so I replaced the relays.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Hi Ray, PSR5, PSR7, AR1 and AR2 are identical ISO micro relays (SPST-A).
The N006 relays are standard mini relays exactly the same was your old F1 pump relay. You can see here the pin layout Type 1 which is identical: Smart eMT Relay ECU - F1 Pump Relay
I need to check but I believe it's a 50A relay for the fans.
Regarding PSR5 (as well as PSR4), these micro relays are actually a bit different to the others like PSR7 as they have the additional 87A terminal. They are brown 20A/10A relays but can be easily replaced by any equivalent SPDT Form C micro relay. As you can see, the 30 terminal was also badly corroded on both PSR5 and PSR4 relays.

View attachment 244422

View attachment 244423
View attachment 244424
I looked and they are different.

Thanks.

Ray

Reactions: StefVan

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
As an electronics engineer, i can comfortably tell you that nothing is more reliable than a mechanical relay, as long as you replace them (as noted in my discussion) after 14+ years of labor as the contacts will pit. The electronic version will never be as robust. The usual electrical transients, environmental extremes, and mechanical shock that they experience in an automotive environment are all bad for electronics. Cheap solution as noted is simply to replace the relays proactively. Simple job, cheap, and no downside potential. Great reliability improvement, and leaves the car as designed.
I followed your advice and replaced them all. I'm going to cut the old ones apart and check for pitting. Thanks for the clarification.

Ray

Reactions: StefVan
61 - 63 of 63 Posts