Ferrari Life Forum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
This CIT relay should do the job too, good find. There are many alternatives like Panasonic, Hella, Omron etc that will do the job.
Ray: only use relays with resistors, no diodes.
Will do ...

Aside from pulling out the PSR5, AR1, AR2, and N006 relays to find their part numbers, is there a way to translate those identifiers to aftermarket replacement relay part numbers?

For example, Hella?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hi Ray, PSR5, PSR7, AR1 and AR2 are identical ISO micro relays (SPST-A).
The N006 relays are standard mini relays exactly the same was your old F1 pump relay. You can see here the pin layout Type 1 which is identical: Smart eMT Relay ECU - F1 Pump Relay
I need to check but I believe it's a 50A relay for the fans.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
No, the Mouser Link will replace the N006 relays (2) used to power the fans as I posted before. It's a very standard relay. You can see the pin out on my website with the link I posted above.
PSR5, PSR7, AR1 and AR2 are identical ISO micro relays. You can purchase several of them from Digikey (CIT relays) or from any other source.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thanks, Stef. I managed to get all six relays from Amazon remarkably cheaply. The N006 relays are 50A and the same as the F1 relay as you pointed out.

I'd love to have solid-state relays replacing the mechanical relays but at least these are new and should last quite a while.

Keep up the great work getting the word out on these potential issues.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks, Stef. I managed to get all six relays from Amazon remarkably cheaply. The N006 relays are 50A and the same as the F1 relay as you pointed out.

I'd love to have solid-state relays replacing the mechanical relays but at least these are new and should last quite a while.

Keep up the great work getting the word out on these potential issues.
Ray
P.lease provide some links, if you can, to help others

Thanks

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Here are some pictures of the ventilators heavy duty relays N006. As you can see, the terminals are corroded which isn't surprising when a relay has to power an electric motor. It's worth to replace them. They are rated 50A but I prefer to replace them with 70A relays with copper 30/87 terminals.

OEM Relays

New 70A Relays

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Regarding PSR5 (as well as PSR4), these micro relays are actually a bit different to the others like PSR7 as they have the additional 87A terminal. They are brown 20A/10A relays but can be easily replaced by any equivalent SPDT Form C micro relay. As you can see, the 30 terminal was also badly corroded on both PSR5 and PSR4 relays.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Regarding the LHS and RHS fuel pump relays as well as the Motronic ECU relays, they are Bosch relays but still identical to the classical SPST Form A micro relay (4 pin). Although, as these relays power critical components of the car, I would replace them with Bosch relays only. The OEM Bosch is part #0332017300 (20A) which has been superseded by #0332011007 (30A) easily available at low cost.

LHS:
PSR8: LHS fuel pump speed 1
PSR9: LHS fuel pump speed 2
PSR10: LHS Motronic ECU main relay

RHS:
PDR8: RHS fuel pump speed 1
PDR9: RHS fuel pump speed 2
PDR10: RHS Motronic ECU main relay

·
Registered
29 Posts
Is there a source ( if even.made) to get solid state for all these relays. The largest I see for sale are in the 20amp.range

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
PSR5, PSR7, AR1, and AR2 are identical ISO micro relays. You can purchase several of them from Digikey (CIT relays) or from any other source.
Regarding PSR5 (as well as PSR4), these micro relays are actually a bit different from the others like PSR7 as they have the additional 87A terminal. They are brown 20A/10A relays but can be easily replaced by any equivalent SPDT Form C micro relay.
I'm confused. Is PSR5 a 4-pin SPST or a 5-pin SPDT?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I checked again and it's definitely a 5-pin SPDT. Your car is different?
No, it's a 5-pin.

I pulled them all to replace them but none were corroded nor was there visible signs of arcing. And these are the original relays.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
You did well Ray, it's worth doing it and will keep your F430 going reliably. Especially the PSR7 relay.

No, it's a 5-pin.

I pulled them all to replace them but none were corroded nor was there visible signs of arcing. And these are the original relays.

·
Registered
1 Posts
FWIW, I just replaced the PSR7 relay as suggested and one thing became apparent, after starting, my alternator output voltage was higher then before the changeout. Previously it was 13.8 V cruising, and now it is a healthier 14.3V cruising. May be anecdotal, but if it helps to control voltages to the ECU's as indicated by the Bus voltage, it can't be a bad thing to replace as Stef mentions.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts