Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all hi to everybody . I am interested in buying a new f430 f1coupe in florida miami but the prices are very high i think. When i went to the dealer in miami , they said that they dont have a brand new f430 at all , all of them are preowned and the prices around 260k . I saw on the internet that the basic price is around 180k and the accessories it will be 200k. what is this huge 60.000 usd difference ? Is it a supply demand thing or what ?thanks for replies.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Boxer is right, the demand for the car far outstrips the supply.

What I have heard, I don't know how true it is or how often it occurs, is that some of the guys who have ordered the car are flipping them. They'll take delivery of the car when it comes in, put a few miles on them, then immediately sell it back to the dealer (at a profit), who can then sell the car again (at a profit). I think the price is fixed on the "new" car by Ferrari and the dealer can't charge more than MSRP. The price is not fixed on the "pre-owned" car.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
well, that´s the way that capitalism works, isn´t it?

if you want it NOW, pay the price :roll:

·
Registered
509 Posts
I cant understand the urgency to obtain a ferrari that quickly. Especially when the price is CHEAPER if you customize and get it new. For anyone that really wants a ferrari Id imagine this would be the way to go.

Then again Im not in their shoes so its difficult for me to say.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
FunkyJunc said:
I cant understand the urgency to obtain a ferrari that quickly. Especially when the price is CHEAPER if you customize and get it new.
I'd imagine it would be a bit of a status thing. And if you've got the means and you want it - buy it! Why wait 2 years? And like we said in another post, Ferraris are bought with the heart, not the brain. :)

Admirer - "Wow! A 430! Man I thought those things were sold out for the next 2 years! How'd you manage to get one?"
Me - (smugly) "Oh, I've got my ways."

·
Registered
509 Posts
Ha, Im sure you're not too far from the truth.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i am not in a hurry but come on i cant wait 2 years at all for a one car even if it is ferrari, and it is true information , dealer said to me exactly 2 years.200k is a good price for the car original msrp however 260k is very high i think eventhough it is a used car. But like pete0422 mentioned that it is easy on making adjustments on the preowned car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts