Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about the purchase a F430 and have went to a Lambo dealer for a PPI as the seller had some type of business relationship with them
turns out they only did a regular safety check, and they did not go in depth into looking at the engine, tranny, E-diff, clutch reading etc.
so I am no going to bring the car to a Ferrari dealer myself to have all that checked.

my question is, CAN the Ferrari dealer plug into the ECU and tell me how many times the car has been over rev'd, how hard its been driven, how many times launch control has been used, and what's the condition of the engine vitals?

I know clutch measurements they can do but what about E-Diff clutch disc?

thx for your help in advance

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
A lot information can be read from the different ECUs, I would really recommend a full read out of all the ECUs, including TCU, instrument panel etc. That will tell you a lot how the car has been used (or abused). Good luck ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
A lot information can be read from the different ECUs, I would really recommend a full read out of all the ECUs, including TCU, instrument panel etc. That will tell you a lot how the car has been used (or abused). Good luck ;)
Hi StefVan, yes I agree with what you posted, take my car for example, 90% of the time my car is on the race track, I take my car 4 time a year to the Ferrari dealer to service and make sure items that may need to be replaced are replaced, I don’t wait for items to break. Many Ferraris are left to sit in the garage and when driven the car is not driven hard, my thoughts are Ferrari is like a race horse, they don’t want to go for a trot they want to be raced.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts