Ferrari Life Forum banner

F430 OR Scuderia

2K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  JazzyO 
#1 ·
As a poll which car would you prefer if you had the money, Ferrari F430 Scuderia or just the F430?

#3 ·
I'm not a owner but what I've read and heard from owners is that the F430 is a fantastic Ferrari to drive but for me personally, if I had the money this very second I would purchase the Scuderia without a doubt :thumbsup: I think it also depends on where you will be using the car for mostly - road or track. For me it would be both worlds, result, Scuderia. It's the same for when it comes to the 360, I would love to have the Challenge Stradale :)

Attachments

#4 ·
It really would depend. I would want the Scuderia for a coupe, but I might rather have an F430 spider with a gated shifter:thumbsup:

Chris

#6 ·
The "doubts" regarding the noise levels with the Scuderia may really become an issue, if you drive with a nervous right foot for a long time. On the other hand its very easy to "cruise" silently with a constant speed, without opening the "gates" of the exhaust.
The Scuderia is lighter, has a much faster gearbox and a different traction system. Factors, you only approach when driving the car:steeringwheel:

#7 ·
The "gates" to which were referred are worthless exhaust valves that open themselves after 1,500 RPM. There is no such thing as "silent cruising".

The gearbox shift speed nor the traction system have nothing to do with the car's "noise" factor and they do not change with speed. They are constant.

The car is loud no matter how you drive it!

#11 ·
I appologize if it was understood from my writing that the "noise" factor would somehow be related to the gear box or the "trac system", which it is of course not.
I mentioned the gearbox and the trac system as an advantage over the regular 430 layout as the initial question was which car to prefer and why.

I must be already kind of deaf from driving the Scud as to not realizing that terrible noise. Forgive me:thumbsup:

#12 ·
The Scud Spider for me please.

As much as I love the lines of Ferrari coupes, I have always bought cars with removable roof's, I love the feeling of being outdoors when I am in my car.

The same goes for flying, I would much rather fly on a powered hang glider or microlight than a big jet, but it's difficult to do that when you go on vacation for 2 weeks with a wife and 2 kids with the entire contents of their closets packed into 40 suitcases.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.