Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Im Mad! I Just bought a damaged F430 coupe. Has anyone got any recommendations for the best places to get parts. Preferably europe based.

It has all round damage inc some which I can only presume was vandal damage after the accident. Accident caused front & rear bumper (cracked & some missing bits), slight creases on one front wing (should repair).D/S rear quarter could do with replacing inc possible suspension damage. Bootlid is missing and one sill cover is non existant. Oh - needs new D/S front light & no mirrors either.

Lots of work, but main prob at the moment is the cheapest place to get the parts.

So far I have found Eurospares & a few bits on ebay.

Anyone any other ideas for suppliers?

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
I dont understand....

A dealer or private seller sold you a damaged car ? And…you accepted it ?????
And what do you mean accident? Was it stolen????????

Im confused…

~

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Hello,

Im Mad! I Just bought a damaged F430 coupe. Has anyone got any recommendations for the best places to get parts. Preferably europe based.

It has all round damage inc some which I can only presume was vandal damage after the accident. Accident caused front & rear bumper (cracked & some missing bits), slight creases on one front wing (should repair).D/S rear quarter could do with replacing inc possible suspension damage. Bootlid is missing and one sill cover is non existant. Oh - needs new D/S front light & no mirrors either.

Lots of work, but main prob at the moment is the cheapest place to get the parts.

So far I have found Eurospares & a few bits on ebay.

Anyone any other ideas for suppliers?

Very brave man !!!! Good luck anyway. maybe you can post some pics on the site and keep us upto date on the progress

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont understand....

A dealer or private seller sold you a damaged car ? And…you accepted it ?????
And what do you mean accident? Was it stolen????????

Im confused…

~
Yep, buying accident damaged is the only way I can afford to own a 430.

I have repaired accident damaged before, provided you accept that the resale isnt going to be as easy and you are going to get rock bottom price when you sell, its a good way to own a supercar.

Its risky as underestimating the damage is always a possability, hence why im keen to get the parts at a good price.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Ok, now I understand, you say you’re mad, I thought you meant upset that this had happened to you…but you meant mad as in crazy…..now I understand….

So, how much was the cost ? and do you have any pictures ???

~

1 - 6 of 6 Posts