Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any other F430 owners or 360 owners with the F-1 transmission have the problem of the computer putting the car in neutral and slowing down the car because it thinks the transmission is over-heating.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Will a 'Reset' help?

Switch off the battery switch for 10 mins, then switch back on, insert key in ignition, switch on ignition, and leave on for 10 mins without starting engine.

Then(perhaps) it may have dropped a previously stored error.

·
Registered
36 Posts
hi, the engine slowing down may be only related to the 430 model .i am aware of 360 owners that complain of loss of power . i was reading a post from a guy in ltaly that was writing a book about it? . he seemed to know why the loss but thats as far as i remember. could it be a door/boot/deck cover switch going out ? what is the fluid level,condition, what is the anbient temp ? i wonder if some of these things slowdown the electro part of this electo-mechaniacl systems . like aselonoid wants to activate but is being held back . one of these days i hope someone can scope these buggers and see if i have anything here . i dont know if reseting the pis might help.i wish i had a car in the shop to try and solve/research this . i get alot of questions from people al over about this F1 . anyone out there have anything to share please pm me . thanks forza frank

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fmaderi said:
hi, the engine slowing down may be only related to the 430 model .i am aware of 360 owners that complain of loss of power . i was reading a post from a guy in ltaly that was writing a book about it? . he seemed to know why the loss but thats as far as i remember. could it be a door/boot/deck cover switch going out ? what is the fluid level,condition, what is the anbient temp ? i wonder if some of these things slowdown the electro part of this electo-mechaniacl systems . like aselonoid wants to activate but is being held back . one of these days i hope someone can scope these buggers and see if i have anything here . i dont know if reseting the pis might help.i wish i had a car in the shop to try and solve/research this . i get alot of questions from people al over about this F1 . anyone out there have anything to share please pm me . thanks forza frank
Frank,

As best I can tell the problem are the computers. The modern Ferraris have so many computer chips that problems are bound to happen. Another example of this recently happened at a track day at Infineon where the cars were doing the same becaue the computer thought the clutch was burning.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello all,

My 360 has been shifting into neutral as well... However, the issue may be slightly different. My issue is accompanied by the F1 warning light flashing when the problem occurs. I think I have narrowed it down to a problem in the fluid level & pressure for the F1 system... The manual states I should use Shell DONAX TX fluid???? never heard of it!!! Is there an equivalent? I do not want to pour in the wrong stuff...

Thanks,

BigLen

·
Registered
250 Posts
How much more powerful is a Ferrari F430 with F1 transmission
than a normal Ferrari F430?
And what are the extra's and how much more is it?

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Hello all,

My 360 has been shifting into neutral as well... However, the issue may be slightly different. My issue is accompanied by the F1 warning light flashing when the problem occurs. I think I have narrowed it down to a problem in the fluid level & pressure for the F1 system... The manual states I should use Shell DONAX TX fluid???? never heard of it!!! Is there an equivalent? I do not want to pour in the wrong stuff...

Thanks,

BigLen
The Shell Donax TX is fairly new. It is for trucks and heavy-duty fleet vehicles. If the car is still under warranty then you want to stick with that.
http://www.shell-lubricants.com/products/pdf/DonaxTX.pdf

If you are looking for a replacement synthetic then the Redline D4 ATF would be acceptable.
http://www.redlineoil.com/products_gearlubricants.asp?productID=51&subCategoryID=18&categoryID=8

If you are just looking for something you can get at the local auto parts place to top it off today then any Dexron III will work just fine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Shell Donax TX is fairly new. It is for trucks and heavy-duty fleet vehicles. If the car is still under warranty then you want to stick with that.
http://www.shell-lubricants.com/products/pdf/DonaxTX.pdf

If you are looking for a replacement synthetic then the Redline D4 ATF would be acceptable.
http://www.redlineoil.com/products_gearlubricants.asp?productID=51&subCategoryID=18&categoryID=8

If you are just looking for something you can get at the local auto parts place to top it off today then any Dexron III will work just fine.

Thank you, Pete!

Will make a note for next time... As i just bent over & went to the Ferrarri dealer and paid $36/liter for the donax TX. Topped off the F1 system & after a few test shifts w/ engine off & a drive around the block, missed shifts are gone! :eek:) Makes sense... There was a lack of pressure (maybe due to air in the system) to engage the clutch bearing apparently...

Now I just have to find where it is leaking from... Anyone know of a common leak point for the f1 system on the 360???

Biglen

1 - 9 of 9 Posts