Ferrari Life Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - my indie mechanic just phoned and said my 2017 F430 Spider has thrown an EDIFF error which says:

Stroke Sensor Zero Point Voltage
C2013
Out of Range

He has no info on this error. Can anyone provide some insight?

Thanks much!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Looks like he is not using a SD type diag tool ..i think the definition is a generic one not specific to Ferrari

Possible causes
Low pressure in F1 system
Bad ediff senso
Bad ediff solenoid

With the proper parameters in a proper tool you can narrow it down ..

My are only education guesses

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Only a bad one. It turns out that what was causing the EDIF solenoid to hang up was due to the F1 pump self destructing and sending metal shavings into the system, in this case clogging the F1 solenoid. A rare event but I've seen a few references from others who experienced it. So now struggling how to flush the system to get out any possible shavings before replacing the pump and various bits. Anyone ever done this? Any suggestions as to methods and liquid?

Secondly, in addition to replacing the pump what other parts would you suggest needs replacing, assuming the part cannot be cleaned?

Pretty distressing. Suggestions welcome. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Your mechanic must have the official bulletins how to flush the entire hydraulic system as well as the E-DIFF, they clearly explain how to do it. The differential is famous for making a lot metal shavings too, keep that in mind. The F1 pump head doesn't self destruct unless it's running dry, the root cause must be found why this happened. Check also the high pressure filter in the PU, it will be full of metal shavings too causing the check valve not to operate anymore and as a consequence, make the pump running forever or very often. Some more info here: Smart eMT F1 Relay ECU - Recommendations - SIS Techno - Scud Ing Swiss

·
Registered
55 Posts
Only a bad one. It turns out that what was causing the EDIF solenoid to hang up was due to the F1 pump self destructing and sending metal shavings into the system, in this case clogging the F1 solenoid. A rare event but I've seen a few references from others who experienced it. So now struggling how to flush the system to get out any possible shavings before replacing the pump and various bits. Anyone ever done this? Any suggestions as to methods and liquid?

Secondly, in addition to replacing the pump what other parts would you suggest needs replacing, assuming the part cannot be cleaned?

Pretty distressing. Suggestions welcome. Thanks.
Looks like you asked in other forum ..i already posted there so i will continue to look for updates there

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your mechanic must have the official bulletins how to flush the entire hydraulic system as well as the E-DIFF, they clearly explain how to do it. The differential is famous for making a lot metal shavings too, keep that in mind. The F1 pump head doesn't self destruct unless it's running dry, the root cause must be found why this happened. Check also the high pressure filter in the PU, it will be full of metal shavings too causing the check valve not to operate anymore and as a consequence, make the pump running forever or very often. Some more info here: Smart eMT F1 Relay ECU - Recommendations - SIS Techno - Scud Ing Swiss
Thanks much Stef. Any chance you have a copy of said bulletin you can share?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BTW, the EDIF gears and bearings are isolated from the F1 hydraulic system so any metal shavings from there would not make its way into the hydraulic system. The only place these shavings can come from is the F1 pump - the only rotating part in the system.

·
Registered
55 Posts
BTW, the EDIF gears and bearings are isolated from the F1 hydraulic system so any metal shavings from there would not make its way into the hydraulic system. The only place these shavings can come from is the F1 pump - the only rotating part in the system.
Not true..sorry

1 - 15 of 15 Posts