Ferrari Life Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I posted this on the other site as well...need some input, please!! Has anyone experienced or heard of this behavior?

(Please watch the video with volume turned on)

1. Both outer door handles have the right amount of play..they are not loose, cable seems to be intact.
2. Central locking keeps cycling..lock/unlock, lock/unlock for a few times and then stops and stays unlocked.
3. Looking to isolate the issue - microswitch, green relay module or the locking assembly/actuator - Lancia B792

Please help!!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hi,
I posted this on the other site as well...need some input, please!! Has anyone experienced or heard of this behavior?

https://youtu.be/OE6jepJTvzs (Please watch the video with volume turned on)

1. Both outer door handles have the right amount of play..they are not loose, cable seems to be intact.
2. Central locking keeps cycling..lock/unlock, lock/unlock for a few times and then stops and stays unlocked.
3. Looking to isolate the issue - microswitch, green relay module or the locking assembly/actuator - Lancia B792

Please help!!
I'd start with the simple things first. How old is your battery? In my experience when my battery was low, the car was behaving in weird ways. After I put it on a battery tender weird issues disappeared.

The actuator could be bad, or you could have a loose connection which after heating up is ok.

Looking at the video, it appears you are pressing on the remote. Could that be the reason?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply...

Battery is good and is always on the tender when not in use for more than 3days in a row.

Checking the actuator is my next step.

I only press once to lock and unlock...I am not pressing and holding, if that's what you mean.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Possibly the micro switch somehow slipped out of position. You may want to remove the door card and check it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
apparently the window ecu module was bad. swapped it and all is well :)
Hello. I have a 2007 f430. Seems like I have the same problem. The door won't lock. I used the key, the key remote, and the door lock switch on the door. Whenever I lock it. It just unlock itself again. Is there a problem with the window ecu? Chat mentioned swapped the window ecu module. Is that mean to replace with a new one? Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts