Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A respected US website is reporting that Ferrari's F430 may be barred from sale in the USA because its airbags don't protect women and children well enough in certain scenarios.

The website - Inside Line - reports, "the F430 lacks sufficient protection for a small number of female occupants who aren't strapped into the correct position in the event of a crash. The same problem applies to child occupants."

Unless Ferrari can obtain a waiver from the US authorities, delivery of F430 models to dealers will have to cease by September 1st this year.

As a workaround the authorities have suggested to Ferrari that they supply dealers with enough cars by September for them to sell for two years! Ferrari say that this isn't logistically possible as F430 production is flat out already.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
well, if that happens, I guess who bought a F430 already is going to make good money selling it :roll:

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
That will put a major dent in Ferraris sales. I am kind of sceptical as these cars would have to pass test before the first one was sent to the U.S. for sales. Seems like this is after the fact which doesn't make much sense.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
and if this is the case... simply change the layout of the airbags. and it is kind of stupid that they are able to sell them untill teh 1st of september...

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Enzo250GTO said:
I am kind of sceptical as these cars would have to pass test before the first one was sent to the U.S. for sales. Seems like this is after the fact which doesn't make much sense.
That's what I thought when I saw the article. Surely these things are spotted before, so that a US spec car can be produced.

·
Registered
509 Posts
marlin said:
Enzo250GTO said:
I am kind of sceptical as these cars would have to pass test before the first one was sent to the U.S. for sales. Seems like this is after the fact which doesn't make much sense.
That's what I thought when I saw the article. Surely these things are spotted before, so that a US spec car can be produced.
And if they werent realized beforehand Im sure theres a loophole that will give them a certain amount of time to fix it (if that is what the concern is).

Im sure the 430s price tag will SKYrocket if this happens. Ferrari says they dont like people flipping their cars ... woops

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
US is the biggest market for Ferrari, surely their engineers will solve the problem before the deadline. The dashboard design needs to be modified (because Ferrari only provide frontal air-bag). No worries.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts