Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the F40 out for our fairly regular Saturday morning cross country excursion yesterday. Weather was so so and it actually started to drizzle at one point. We did the usual B-road and hill blasts before heading back to the highway for a leisurely roll back home. Up to this point the drive had been completely uneventful. On the highway, and about 5 miles from my exit this souped up BMW M3 goes flying by and the ass behind the wheel flips me the bird. 999 out of a thousand times I would completely ignore this, I also happen to know that their are no speed cameras etc on this part of the road. 6th became 4th, a brief pause as the boost gauge went from 0 to 1.5, back into 5th, and that was that. I guess he had a "Who's your Daddy" moment. He was a dot in the rear view mirror by the time I hit the exit ramp. And yes, I did feel a bit juvenile about it.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
What is it with BMW's? Normal civilised people get behind the wheel of a BMW and turn into complete @ssholes. I had one today too, idiot in a 3 series diesel cut me up where a road narrowed from dual carriageway to single carriageway. Not quite in the same league as you Boxer, but I still got my revenge about a mile down the road when I drowned out the horrible music he was pumping out of his car when we hit 7000 RPM as we screamed past him:D

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Boxer, I think you're either overworked or stressed out a bit to behave like that. There's nothing to prove against an M3 or whatever against your F40. Go over the costs of repacement parts' costs. That'll cool your temper rapidly. Seriously, that must have been a sight to see. Jimmy

·
Registered
103 Posts
some people definitely want to compensate for something...

I like M3s but Honestly... who would put that on the same level (or better than a F40 (or any F cars for that matter).

I reckon ass holes are really quick with the bird!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Boxer, its nice to see that you showed him who's boss. Reminds me of a time I was heading home at night and was about to turn right at a stop light going out to the highway. Heading straight out of the stoplight before it is my turn is a C5 vette and what looked like a suped up Honda Civic coupe with a hatch. I don't think anything of it, but the civic starts revving its engine and takes off on green, but the Corvette just creeps along...it's late so I make my right turn on the red light and after 4-5 seconds the guy in the vette lays into it and blows the civic away. Moral of the story, don't act big around the big boys if you can't keep up with 'em.

Sure you felt juvenile...but didn't it feel good to put him in his place? :p

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
some people definitely want to compensate for something...

I like M3s but Honestly... who would put that on the same level (or better than a F40 (or any F cars for that matter).
You don’t have to compare an M3 to an F40…

I have smoked a few off the line with my truck by 3-4 car lengths…and they still couldn’t catch up…(after they pissed me off in traffic, cutting me off and acting stupid etc…)

Also had a few loose fruitcakes who thought they were quick on the highway tailgating my truck and with their M3’s and I stomped on it and said bye bye, and when they see a Sierra can move that much, they go into the right lane and follow traffic….

~

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You don’t have to compare an M3 to an F40…

I have smoked a few off the line with my truck by 3-4 car lengths…and they still couldn’t catch up…(after they pissed me off in traffic, cutting me off and acting stupid etc…)

Also had a few loose fruitcakes who thought they were quick on the highway tailgating my truck and with their M3’s and I stomped on it and said bye bye, and when they see a Sierra can move that much, they go into the right lane and follow traffic….

~
I think I need to get a truck.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
well, I think a 288 GTO would look better than a truck in your garage, but that's just my opinion hehehehehehe

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I love the 275 GTS, specially the interior (the dashboard, the steering wheel, it's just so perfect!!)

great choice, hope you get it soon!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts