Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I agree. I got a ride in an F-40 yesterday at my mechanic's shop and all I can say is WOW!!! That is the most brutally fast car I have ever been in. I could not believe the acceleration, and degree of handling that this car has. It didn't help that we were doing about 120-130 mph in the city streets though there were a lot of empty curvy roads. All I kept thinking was that if we spun off into something at that speed, cancel next Christmas. I can't see where you could possibly drive it well anywhere but on a race track. I would either be in jail or dead if I could afford one. It made my Boxer feel like an economy car. However, I still love my car and when you get another one, you will too.
After reading the above post from the 365BB or 512BBi thread , I grabbed my Hot Wheels F40 model off the shelf and ran into the bedroom where my wife was reading in bed and told her how this guy on the Ferrari Forum rode in this car and how he said it was brutally fast and how he couldn't believe that you could drive it anywhere except on a race track and my wife was like, "Honey, you're fine." And I was like, "but Boxer on the forum, he has one." She was like, "You have one too." I was like, "Nooo! I have a 1:24 scale. He has a 1:1 scale!" I told her how "You know in your Mercedes when the turbo kicks in how the car takes off? Well this car has TWO turbos and when they kick in it REALLY takes off!"

So she finally said, "Look, we are in the middle of building a new house, you need to focus." So I stood there in the bedroom staring at the shiney F40 model until my wife said, "Honey, I meant you need to focus on the new house." "Oh yeah. Right." And then I came back here. The model is back on the shelf, right next to the 550 Barchetta.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
THANK GOD, I´m not the only lunatic that feels that kind of thing

I wonder what you did to forget the F40 and focus on the house!

and I still can not believe that there is a guy in the same forum that I participate that has an F40

God bless our friend Boxer!

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
!" I told her how "You know in your Mercedes when the turbo kicks in how the car takes off? Well this car has TWO turbos and when they kick in it REALLY takes off!"
Yup, and it weights about a third of the Mercedes. 600 bhp (this one has been fitted with larger turbos) propelling 2400 lbs equals, in the words of my youngest son, - weeeeeeee, giggle, giggle, giggle ! :D :D :D

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
THANK GOD, I´m not the only lunatic that feels that kind of thing

I wonder what you did to forget the F40 and focus on the house!

and I still can not believe that there is a guy in the same forum that I participate that has an F40

God bless our friend Boxer!
Much appreciated.

One day you will probably have one in your garage as well.

All the best for a successful 2007.

·
Registered
47 Posts
After reading the above post from the 365BB or 512BBi thread , I grabbed my Hot Wheels F40 model off the shelf and ran into the bedroom where my wife was reading in bed and told her how this guy on the Ferrari Forum rode in this car and how he said it was brutally fast and how he couldn't believe that you could drive it anywhere except on a race track and my wife was like, "Honey, you're fine." And I was like, "but Boxer on the forum, he has one." She was like, "You have one too." I was like, "Nooo! I have a 1:24 scale. He has a 1:1 scale!" I told her how "You know in your Mercedes when the turbo kicks in how the car takes off? Well this car has TWO turbos and when they kick in it REALLY takes off!"

So she finally said, "Look, we are in the middle of building a new house, you need to focus." So I stood there in the bedroom staring at the shiney F40 model until my wife said, "Honey, I meant you need to focus on the new house." "Oh yeah. Right." And then I came back here. The model is back on the shelf, right next to the 550 Barchetta.
Great post, Pete. Thanks for the kind words. I didn't realize that my description of my test ride would cause such a stir. It was the most incredible ride I have been in. Boxer, you are so fortunate. I can't imagine how you drive it well without being in jail or fined into starvation. But, enjoy it and be safe. I can see now how something like that could get away from a person and cause serious harm.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hmmm, our friend Boxer lives in Germany, if I am not mistaking.

Just having crossed that country twice on my trip to Venice in the 308GT4, one can only say that ALL F40's should be imported to Germany.

Can you imagine going flat out in a 308 (230 kph in my case) and seeing some Porsche 997 Turbo in your rearview mirror, flashing his lights because he wants to pass? And all of that perfectly legal!!!

At moments like that, one just craves for 600 hp in the back of an F40. :drive:

You just got to love that German Autobahns....

Hans

·
Registered
250 Posts
F40...

Apart from german Autobahn's being excellent and all
for the reaching of maximum speed potential of supercars as the F40,
why should they all be exported to Germany?
I mean Italy does also have one of the most famous autobahn's in the world like the Nardo!:D
Anyway, Magnificent that you have driven an F40, you have finally experienced the magnificent magic and potential that had made the F40 one of the best Ferrari's of the 20th Century. :drive:
DRIVE!

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
well, in Germany you also get to go for a drive in Nürburgring

so, take the F40, drive in the autobahn until you arrive at Nürburgring, then drive it in the track, then take the autobahn again

yes, I'm thinking that would work for me!

all I need is a german visa and one F40 hehehehe almost there

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
all I need is a german visa and one F40 hehehehe almost there
Remember what I said about asking Boxer if we can take his car for a spin around the block?

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Im still speechless about the fact that im part of a forum and know all these great people who own all these great cars and on top of it all…someone who owns an F40 (and unless I win the lottery will never be able to afford) and shares his experiences about driving across a few countries and cared enough about us to do a write-up every day of his trip to share with us addicts…

That’s class… period.

~

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Im still speechless about the fact that im part of a forum and know all these great people who own all these great cars and on top of it all…someone who owns an F40 (and unless I win the lottery will never be able to afford) and shares his experiences about driving across a few countries and cared enough about us to do a write-up every day of his trip to share with us addicts…

That’s class… period.

~
Magnum6464, That's very kind. Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts