Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard repeated stories of F40 turbos lasting about ten years before needing replacement. I know for a fact that mine are not original and were replaced 4 years ago. When replacing what is the general concensus on:

- staying with stock IHI
- upgrading to larger LM type turbos
- switching to KKK turbos

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have heard repeated stories of F40 turbos lasting about ten years before needing replacement. I know for a fact that mine are not original and were replaced 4 years ago. When replacing what is the general concensus on:

- staying with stock IHI
- upgrading to larger LM type turbos
- switching to KKK turbos
Dear Comrade Boxer,

Always stay with the standard components. I do not believe in molestation.

With kind regards,

Vulcan

·
Registered
265 Posts
Can you rebuild the original turbos?
Dear Comrade Boxer,

I do not know whether the F-40 turbo's are able to be rebuilt. I shall revert to the Ferrari oracle at the fount of all technical prestidigitation and will inform you when the disciples there have pronounced their opinions.

With kind regards,

Vulcan

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dear Comrade Boxer,

I do not know whether the F-40 turbo's are able to be rebuilt. I shall revert to the Ferrari oracle at the fount of all technical prestidigitation and will inform you when the disciples there have pronounced their opinions.

With kind regards,

Vulcan
Looking forward to seeing what the Oracle has to say.

Is this the one at exit 11 off the M4 ?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Looking forward to seeing what the Oracle has to say.

Is this the one at exit 11 off the M4 ?
Dear Comrade,

No, the Ferrari oracle is most certainly not located on any part of the M4 Motorway.

The Ferrari oracle of technical prestidigitation may only be found via entry through the portals of the Ferraristi Cathedral. Even then there is the inner sanctum of the temple to be accessed. I was granted access to the temple this very day and gained an audience with the oracle. As stated within my previous post, I shall vicarously seek, on your behalf an answer from the oracle. But first I must speak to his emissary. You must be patient.

With kind regards,

Vulcan

·
Premium Member
9,567 Posts

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have consulted the entrails and they say: YES!

New updated seals/bearings inside for turbine shaft are available,common problem on the f40. rebuild them when they start to leak. thanks to our sponsor competizione and sports cars. Next time you need work done on the f40, take it to the best, they have one in the shop right now. :thumbsup:
The Turbos should last about a decade and then need to either be rebuilt or replaced.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts