Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are now becoming difficult to acquire ( & quoted £3000 for new one) so congratulations to Rardley Motors 40 miles south of London for getting the overheated existing one rebuilt. It seems that over time, the contacts behind become literally too hot , to the extent that the morelli connectors actually melt open and singe the plastic blocks ( Another story trying to get hold of those as each one has specific cut outs for its location ! ).

What I am trying to locate is a wiring diagram for the F40, or more specifically where do the blue wires in the central top right vertical block go to - feed is live as opposed to ignition ??

Fitted 288 GTO K & N air cleaners a while ago and do they make a difference, especially on the dreaded MOT carbon emission levels..

·
Registered
265 Posts
These are now becoming difficult to acquire ( & quoted £3000 for new one) so congratulations to Rardley Motors 40 miles south of London for getting the overheated existing one rebuilt. It seems that over time, the contacts behind become literally too hot , to the extent that the morelli connectors actually melt open and singe the plastic blocks ( Another story trying to get hold of those as each one has specific cut outs for its location ! ).

What I am trying to locate is a wiring diagram for the F40, or more specifically where do the blue wires in the central top right vertical block go to - feed is live as opposed to ignition ??

Fitted 288 GTO K & N air cleaners a while ago and do they make a difference, especially on the dreaded MOT carbon emission levels..
Dear Comrade F40MANIA,

I have an F-40 workshop manual replete with wiring diagrams. Can you be more specific, please?

With kind regards,

Vulcan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts