Ferrari Life Forum banner

F40, F50 & Blue

18K views 44 replies 22 participants last post by  Boxer 
#1 ·
Here are few pictures taken right before a friend and I went out to road tested the F50 vs F40.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
What an amazing sight, the only thing better than that would be to have Charlize Theron and Catherine Zeta Jones in bed waiting for you and saying when are you coming to bed sweetie???

~

#8 ·
Hi Boxer - I know these are all probably quite different cars, but I'm just wondering how you feel about the F40 vs. the F50. I guess the F40 is more raw, and the F50 more comfortable as a GT. Are acceleration, etc. a lot different in the F40 (like a kick in the pants), compared with the F50? How about ride and handling?

Not really looking for a complete technical analysis or lots of detail (unless you want!), but just wondered what you can tell us about your feelings on driving the F40 vs. F50. Anyway, if you have the time, I'm interested in your thoughts! Anyone seen a direct test of F40 vs. F50 in any mags? Best of luck with your incredible stable!!!:)

Rick

#9 ·
Hi Boxer - I know these are all probably quite different cars, but I'm just wondering how you feel about the F40 vs. the F50. I guess the F40 is more raw, and the F50 more comfortable as a GT. Are acceleration, etc. a lot different in the F40 (like a kick in the pants), compared with the F50? How about ride and handling?

Not really looking for a complete technical analysis or lots of detail (unless you want!), but just wondered what you can tell us about your feelings on driving the F40 vs. F50. Anyway, if you have the time, I'm interested in your thoughts! Anyone seen a direct test of F40 vs. F50 in any mags? Best of luck with your incredible stable!!!:)

Rick
We actually ran the two back to back yesterday as a compare and contrast. As soon as I get a chance I will do a short write up on our observations.

Evo magazine in issue 64 did a road test where they compared a 288 GTO vs F40 vs F50 vs Enzo. In this test the F50 came out on top.

#37 ·
Thanks Boxer for sharing those pictures. The bodywork looks immaculate. You must spend hours cleaning after every run before puting the covers back on.

Nice to here you are helping the environment with your hybrids.
Actually I just wash them when needed and wax a couple times a year. Don't really do anything extradionary.

#39 ·
Nice detail shots of the F50. That is an amazing car. I never realized that the rear view mirror was shaped to take advantage of the area between the buttresses/headrests. Funky.... but in a good way. :)

#42 ·
thats just insane !!! how do ever decide which to take out !! i dont believe there are a pair of cars in the world that you can put side by side which would create the utter emotion i feel when looking at your F40 and F50,Brett
Really depends on the day, weather, and where we are going.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.