Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday started off on a more relaxing note. With several shuttles up to the Mugello Circuit to choose from, the day did not start off in a mad rush. The morning program consisted of a series of Historic races. The cars of several of the grids were stunning, living pieces of history. Seeing Ferraris finest from the 50’s, 60’s, and 70’s being driven full out is simply fantastic. In one case, realizing that the car taking the inside track on the 1st corner has worth somewhere north of $10 million just made it even that more phenomenal. Walking the pit lane was better than being in any toyshop that I remember as a kid.

The major activity for the F40 group was the official parade lap after the morning racing program. We were all instructed to be in our cars 15 minutes ahead of time. As the cars were now parked in a giant U in front of the hospitality center, mayhem ensued as everyone decided to start up and head on their own directly for the gate to the track. What ensued was a giant F40 traffic jam. The net result was we all sat for 10 minutes while it got sorted. Once on the track, we were organized in 3 rows behind a pair of 599 GTB with the camera van in front. Strict instructions were delivered not to overtake the 599 GTBs and off we went for a couple of PR laps for Ferrari. It was interesting to see which drivers where camera hungry and who could have cared less as different F40s jockeyed for front position as we moved around the circuit. At the conclusion for the 2nd lap, the camera van pulled into the pit lane and the two 599 GTB’s took off at full throttle. Net effect was the same as a red cape in front of a bull. Off everyone went to give chase. Looking back now, it is amazing that there was not a major shunt as half the field seemed to arrive at the 1st corner at the same time. I ran two laps at a good clip before exiting the track. Several others stayed on for longer sessions but as my helmet and head were not in the same location, I decided to get off while still in one piece.

Officially the parade lap ended the F40 event. At this point it was time to pack up, bid farewell to a few new friends and head out for the long drive back (more on this later). Overall it was a great weekend and the Ferrari Classiche Team were wonderful. To a person they could not have been nicer, more helpful, and in general great to deal with. Hopefully they will organize more events like this in the near future.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
considering how amazing your pictures are, I can only imagine how great if felt for you to live that experience =)

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Boxer, thanks for posting. The more you post, the more I can't wait til the Silverstone event. Gotta love those classics, but seeing so many F40s in one place is awesome - only the sound is missing. :)

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Boxer, thanks for posting. The more you post, the more I can't wait til the Silverstone event. Gotta love those classics, but seeing so many F40s in one place is awesome - only the sound is missing. :)
Marlin, Much appreciated. Don't know if I will be able to make it to Silverstone but it does sound like a great event.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Thanks Boxer…

Thank you so much for sharing the stories and pictures…it makes me feel a little closer to my goal when I see things like that. It’s good to see that hard work and determination does lead to making dreams come true. You must be proud to own such a fantastic car like the F40 and a piece of Enzo’s dreams…

~

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Boxer…

Thank you so much for sharing the stories and pictures…it makes me feel a little closer to my goal when I see things like that. It’s good to see that hard work and determination does lead to making dreams come true. You must be proud to own such a fantastic car like the F40 and a piece of Enzo’s dreams…

~
My pleasure, glad you enjoy them.

Regarding proud, no, far to mature a term, more along the lines of the kid with the silly grin who just got the biggest best coolest dirt bike.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Boxer,
The tales of your F40 adventures are the best. Very well written and I like how you add the details of some of the little hiccups in addition to what was obviously was an awesome time. The way you tell your stories really passes on some of the flavor of actually being there.

Thanks!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts