Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
15,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today we had solid 600 kilometers to cover. Weather was perfect for driving. Sunny and about 18C. Route was mostly highway with a brief cut through into the country along a few "B" roads running through the Vineyards. Progress in the land of the Gendemarie was much more restrained. Coming out of one toll booth we were sandwiched between two on motorcycles for about half a kilometer. The front one speed off into the distance while the one on my tail moved into and sat in what he assumed was my blind spot. I think he was hoping that I had forgotten about him and would not hit the acclerator. After about 2-3 minutes he finally gave up the cat and mouse game and also took off. Overall definitely not a welcoming friendly bunch. The drive through the vineyards was quite pretty but the F40 definitely does not like any road surface that is not near perfect. Every bump and loose piece of gravel is transmitted through the carbon fiber body. Teeth rattling at times.

Stopped at a friends house and had a magnificant lunch. Did have to pull a major feat of F40 manuevering to back the car up the driveway and around protruding gate posts. Overall a good uneventful relaxed day on the road.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Boxer said:
Today we had solid 600 kilometers to cover. Weather was perfect for driving. Sunny and about 18C. Route was mostly highway with a brief cut through into the country along a few "B" roads running through the Vineyards. Progress in the land of the Gendemarie was much more restrained. Coming out of one toll booth we were sandwiched between two on motorcycles for about half a kilometer. The front one speed off into the distance while the one on my tail moved into and sat in what he assumed was my blind spot. I think he was hoping that I had forgotten about him and would not hit the acclerator. After about 2-3 minutes he finally gave up the cat and mouse game and also took off. Overall definitely not a welcoming friendly bunch. The drive through the vineyards was quite pretty but the F40 definitely does not like any road surface that is not near perfect. Every bump and loose piece of gravel is transmitted through the carbon fiber body. Teeth rattling at times.

Stopped at a friends house and had a magnificant lunch. Did have to pull a major feat of F40 manuevering to back the car up the driveway and around protruding gate posts. Overall a good uneventful relaxed day on the road.
So you going to post the numbers or what - You lucky blighter ?

Seriously - Well Done I hope to match your ride some day !

Argento

Argento

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Why any motorcycle would intentionally sit in a car's blind spot is beyond me. When I was riding bikes I always made sure I was where they could see me.

Sounds like the F40 has a rather "raw" feel to it. Unrefined, undisciplined, built with a single thought in mind. "Get me off this dirt road and let me RUN!!"

Have you scraped the front spoiler yet? Hard to tell from the pictures but it looks like the F40 has better ground clearance, or at least a better approach angle, than either of our 308's.

·
Administrator
15,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pete04222 said:
Why any motorcycle would intentionally sit in a car's blind spot is beyond me. When I was riding bikes I always made sure I was where they could see me.

Sounds like the F40 has a rather "raw" feel to it. Unrefined, undisciplined, built with a single thought in mind. "Get me off this dirt road and let me RUN!!"

Have you scraped the front spoiler yet? Hard to tell from the pictures but it looks like the F40 has better ground clearance, or at least a better approach angle, than either of our 308's.
You are right, it is very raw. It is a car built with a single purpose in mind. To be the fastest thing on the road, period. It is unrefined but actually very well displined. The steering is very sharp, it sticks to the road at very high speed with none of the front end lightness found in other Ferraris, and the engine does exactly what the right foot orders it to do. When you run into problems is when the mushy thing behind the wheel does not quite understand what sort of power it has suddenly asked the 487 bhp engine to produce.

I have yet to scrap it. The active suspension has been great preventing this so far. It also has a much shorter front overhang which also helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts