Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think the F355 has fully depreciated? I noticed that 328s are going for the high 40s and F355s for the low 60s. Surprised to see the two only $10 - $12K different.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Absolutely the funny thing is that even Forza magazine shows the 355 dropping in resale yet it shows the 348 staying steady never understood where they get their figures from. But obviously they know what they are talking about ..:tongue2::tongue2:

FORZA 348..:grin::grin::grin:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Could it be due to today's economic climate. So any levels of any Ferraris at the moment may not be a true representation of values IMO.
Maybe right now the 348s are keeping there values more because they cost so little to maintain, as opposed to the 355s if there is a problem.
This year and last year very little has been spent on the 360 spider that i knock around in, compared to the 355s running costs.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Maybe right now the 348s are keeping there values more because they cost so little to maintain, as opposed to the 355s if there is a problem.
There's also not many good 348's around.

A quick look at Pistonheads shows there are only 15 x 348's for sale compared to 55 x 355's and only 19 x 328's.

Compare that to the right hand drive versions imported in the UK:

308 = 965
328 = 672
348 = 496
355 = 1,384

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Not clear if more depriciation is in store. Present prices have been driven by economic conditions eclusively. If the recession was not upon us I would say another 3-5 years for the bottom. Theres just so damned many of them.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Given the current climate, I'd say that 355's still have another 10-15% to go, 348's are still dropping and on the whole the least desirable of the 2 seat V8's, but good 308's and 328s are still where they were last year. Perhaps 355's are getting to the age where things will go wrong and the cost puts buyers off, whereas 308/328's are cheaper to maintain and more reliable by comparison to 348/355's, even if they lack the power of their younger sisters.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
The 348 SS is actually up 10% since last year according to the NADA and Kelly. Although actual results may vary in this market.
The SS is a ltd edition model so rarer than standard TB's or TS's. I think they were called GTC's in Europe. The later 320 HP GTB, GTS, GTC and Spiders are fetching more than earlier TB and TS's. I don't know what the market is like in America, but over here most 348's are rough in comparison to 328's, I looked at plenty before I bought my 328. It looks like they are prone to rust and blistering around the rear butress and suage lines.
From my observation of the Uk market, 328's are bought by older people and 348's by younger people, this might also explain why 328's tend to have lower mileage than 348's.
BTW, I'm not slagging the 348 off ;-), just saying that in this market the prices are dropping whereas, to my annoyance 328's aren't - I wish they would so that I can afford to buy another :-(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts