Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
test ok

Ok I just tested this upload and it works. It only worked by right clicking and doing a save as. But if you have the quicktime plugin it should play via the browser. I'm not at my regular computer but will test it next week on it when I return.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
cool, i didn't had that one yet
but the guy sucks at filming, hope it wasn't you Andrew :lol:

BTW damn that download was slow, only an average of 60k :p

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Why cannot we ever see a real modern car, the Maranello. Not some back seat little V-8 but a real car in a video?

:cry: :x :D :green:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Bart, All due respect but if we only had members on the site who drove 12 cyls. there wouldn't be much discussion. Regards Magoo

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol

Dirk,
Of course that wasn't me. I would at least have had the car in the camera view for 98% or the video. Ok Bart we'll dig up a 550 video for you. But try not to step on too many feet here, there are a lot of V8 Ferrari owners here and they are pretty damn exciting too! Maybe we only see the V8s in videos because they are the real car. :eek: :D :green:

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
beat me to it magoo

Magoo,
I need to type faster. When I started my post yours wasn't there oh well better luck next time I guess.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Re: lol

Enzo250GTO said:
Maybe we only see the V8s in videos because they are the real car. :eek: :D :green:
No, the real reason is there are many-times more V-8 Ferraris than there are V-12's around. And none of the V-12 guys "toss" their cars around.

I'm not offended by Bart's anti-V-8 comments here and posts before. I've learned to live with it since owning a V-8 Dino... :wink:

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Peter,
I agree with you a 100%, my comment was said in sarcasim, and I know Bart's was too, hence the 5 or six smilies at the end. Just having some fun and laughing the whole way through it. :lol:

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What a hit!

Wow this must be a huge hit! I uploaded this 24 hours ago and I checked the stats page above. This file has already been downloaded 29 times. Only registered users can download it, didn't think that many check here daily. Kind of cool.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I am sorry to have acted like a pompous big ass. :oops: It is just I waited so many years for this car.

Some one stated you "toss" a 550 around. What do you mean by that? Push it to its limits? I do not have large enough male organs at my age to "toss" a Maranello around. I still have not driven it in the sport mode let alone turn the whole thing off. Too scary. :eek: Maybe a good driver could do it with me in it. Humm….. I do know one can rent time at the California Speedway. Maybe that is what I should do. :green: In two months I have put only 1,800 miles on the beast.

I do love reading this forum. Not many teenagers here.

:green:

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bart,
What Peter meant was owners of V8s tend to toss their vehicle around more than the owners of the V12s. Because of this you have more people filming the tossing around which is of course V8s. From what was just explained its only logical these appear more in videos. Yes there are not alot of teenagers around which has kept it very nice(of course the teenager that are on here are very mature). Hell I'm not even sure if there are any teenages that post on here. I'm glad you like the site, I have a new gallery I'm working on(searchable) and I will hopefully finish the models section by the end of August (Its been slow going).

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
*modena* is a teenager.
and i think that there are 1 or 2 more in high school or finishing it

Can someone explain the term "toss around" for me.
i'm not sure in what context i have to untherstand it

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dj Dirk said:
*modena* is a teenager.
and i think that there are 1 or 2 more in high school or finishing it

Can someone explain the term "toss around" for me.
i'm not sure in what context i have to untherstand it
Ah yes I forgot about *modena* is he still on vacation or something? Well Dirk in this context "toss around" would mean being careless. So you could say V8 owners are a little more careless, or another way of saying it is more daring, risk taking. They are willing to "toss around" (take more risk) than others. Of course I have no idea if this is true but that is the context it was used in.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts