Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've just purchased a F355 Spider which is missing it's soft-top boot cover, and here in Europe I'm being quoted €1764 ( about $2000) for a replacement.

I'm sure any good upholstery shop or cover maker could run one up if I had the measurements. The Tanex Fastners are common to a lot of boat covers so they're no problem.

I'm appealing to any kind-hearted Spider owner who might take the time to give me the measurements of his cover, and he will have made a new friend for life.

Donie

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi tonyh,

I would be so grateful for the measurements and/or a simple drawing of the boot cover for the soft top which is used to cover the top when it's down/open.

Donie

·
Registered
509 Posts
Whoa, very cool. Do they just have this kind of drawing on hand or did they do the measurements for you?

·
Registered
220 Posts
FunkyJunc said:
Whoa, very cool. Do they just have this kind of drawing on hand or did they do the measurements for you?
The pic is from the Owners' Manual, measurements are by hand :)
Donie, Ferrari UK have contacts with v good trimmers who can make this cover up. He did caution tho that no 2 covers are the same as all were hand made. UK official replacement price is £2k :eek:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tonyh,

I am extremely grateful to you for your trojan help, and the measurements and sketch should do the job.

I had thought that €1764 was bad enough but 2K stg is a lot worse, and nearer €3000 depending on the exchange on the day.........for a square metre of canvas?

Thanks again,

Donie

·
Registered
220 Posts
Donie said:
Tonyh,

I am extremely grateful to you for your trojan help, and the measurements and sketch should do the job.

I had thought that €1764 was bad enough but 2K stg is a lot worse, and nearer €3000 depending on the exchange on the day.........for a square metre of canvas?

Thanks again,

Donie
No problem :) Ferrari UK can have trimmers make up the cover for much less than the official £2k ! Sorry if i didn't make that clear. Or how about these guys provided in link above?

http://www.ferraripartsexchange.com/convertibletops.htm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts