Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i was a kid i've always love sports cars because of those very cool pop up head lights, But now they don't make them on the new super cars any more, does anyone out there agree?

I honestly think thats one of the major reason why i got my F355.
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
That is pretty cool. My first car which was a 1998 Pontiac Firebird had pop up headlights.

Chris

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
They are "cool" and very period, but they can be a maintenance nightmare.

The newer car designs are all about a clean slipstream, style, and reduced maintenance both during warranty and after the warranty.

The 360 is leaps and bounds beyond earlier models in terms of reliability, and note there are no longer pop-up lights.

I don't want maintenance issues anymore than the next person, and I'll gladly give up the "cool"!

Let me suggest also that your choice of a 355 should be based upon more than the headlights. That car can be a financial disaster if you do not do your diligence.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
When i was a kid i've always love sports cars because of those very cool pop up head lights, But now they don't make them on the new super cars any more, does anyone out there agree?

I honestly think thats one of the major reason why i got my F355.
Thanks guys!
I totally agree I really do not like the 360 430 style of lights but the 348/355 style with lights on looks very distinctive and Uber cool.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I totally agree with you Gcalo, but what's the point of having a Ferrari if is not cool? Many car programs and Mags will tell you 0-60 in so many sec or how many horses, but is useless you know that, ask yourself how often do you push your baby to the max? A sunday drive or everyday use in traffic how fast can you go? Having a Ferrari is a life style that comes with the heritage. I do agree with you when it comes reliability nothing comes first i'll give you that!
For all you people out there that wants to buy a Ferrari be hold for the up coming fees to maintain you baby, it can be very very high, kind of like dating a supermodel if you know what i mean!
If money is not an issue go out and buy all of them Quickly Especially the 250GTO if you can find one for sale!!

Cheers

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
....if you want cool.....close your eyes and just listen to a Ferrari...any of them...

Chris

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
go out and buy all of them Quickly
I would advice the 180 degree opposite. Now is not the time to buy. This may sound funny from a man who bought a Ferrari 365BB only 10 weeks ago, but times have changed since then. There is absolutely no doubt that Ferrari prices will come crashing down in the next 6 - 12 months and won't recover for a long time. Don't take my word for it, listen to people like Jim Glickenhaus for instance. So if you're smart, you'll wait for a while and see what happens.

As for me, did I make a mistake? Well, I could have saved myself quite a bit of money by buying next year. But since I'm not selling the car for quite some time I won't likely lose any money - it's my firm belief that the market will go to new highs, even if it may take 5 years or more. And for the market at the time, I got quite a bargain.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Beg to disagree on this one. A 250 PF is elegant, but I would not call it cool.
Elegant to me is the height of cool. Arriving in a 250 PF, preferably a cabriolet with a lovely lady in the passenger seat, in dark blue with magnolia interior, now that is cool. And it does not have pop-up headlamps.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
There is nothing wrong with using the word cool; it’s just that 20-30 years ago it was the word, today…who knows there are so many. Personally, I really love the pop up lights. I think that’s why I fell in love with the Porsche 328…the way they flipped up….OMG, totally COOL…

Unfortunately, today’s cars are almost only designed on aerodynamics so some cool aspects of what made them so gorgeous are slowly fading away. Don’t get me wrong, I would love to own a newer Ferrari, but I have a huge soft spot for the old models and what feelings they brought out of me when I looked at them.

~

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I think that’s why I fell in love with the Porsche 328…the way they flipped up….OMG, totally COOL…
~
Have the 348 on the mind much?..:D..don't you mean the 928..:rolleyes:

I forgive ya you have Ferrari in your blood..;)

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
There is nothing wrong with using the word cool; it’s just that 20-30 years ago it was the word, today…who knows there are so many.
~
Good point, perhaps the newer the Ferrari, the "hotter" it is and the older the Ferrari, the "cooler" it is. There are some exceptions to the rule, like the BB that is both hot and cool. Funnily enough the BB has both pop up lights and fixed lights.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Good point, perhaps the newer the Ferrari, the "hotter" it is and the older the Ferrari, the "cooler" it is. There are some exceptions to the rule, like the BB that is both hot and cool. Funnily enough the BB has both pop up lights and fixed lights.
Good point. So does the F40, perhaps that's why the F40 is hotter than the F50

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
There are exceptions to the rule. Both the F40 and F50 are too hot to be cool. They are way hot. For me the F50 is the hottest but I can see how the F40 would cause heated argument from others to the contrary.

The coolest hot Ferrari in my book would be the 288GTO.

The hottest cool Ferrari would be a fight between the Daytona, the BB and the 550.

The coolest Ferrari would be a one-off 375 America or 410SA or a 400 Aerodynamica.

I cannot think of any Ferrari that, if not hot, is not cool. Some are cooler than others, some are hotter than others, some are cooler but less hot than others and some are hotter but less cool than others.

I'll go get me coat now.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Have the 348 on the mind much?..:D..don't you mean the 928..:rolleyes:

I forgive ya you have Ferrari in your blood..;)
Hahaha....yeah, 928....what can I say...I have Ferrari in my blood.....but I still love the 928....Originality for me is the key, being different is important to me.

~

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I agree I thought the 928 was and still is a beautiful car, very unique for it's time and you can not mistake it on the road. Now the 914..:dizzy:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts