Ferrari Life Forum banner

101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I introduced myself in the "456-Owners Area", but anyway, for more than 8 years a F355 GTS 2.7 from 1995 in rosso/black (manual) is in my garage as well. I am the second owner, the car is very original. Since I own it I did some technical upgrades:

- added a remote system for the power locks (to prevent scratching around the key hole)
- Fuchs exhaust
- Capristo manifolds
- Capristo optimized by-pass valve
- Fuchs metal catalysts
- Door sills carbon but painted black (looks 100% original, no rust problems)
- "stickynomore" job inside
- swissvax outside (original paint)

Here some pictures:

Enjoy the Sunday!

Bjoern

·
Super Moderator
1,132 Posts
I introduced myself in the "456-Owners Area", but anyway, for more than 8 years a F355 GTS 2.7 from 1995 in rosso/black (manual) is in my garage as well. I am the second owner, the car is very original. Since I own it I did some technical upgrades:

- added a remote system for the power locks (to prevent scratching around the key hole)
- Fuchs exhaust
- Capristo manifolds
- Capristo optimized by-pass valve
- Fuchs metal catalysts
- Door sills carbon but painted black (looks 100% original, no rust problems)
- "stickynomore" job inside
- swissvax outside (original paint)

Here some pictures:

Enjoy the Sunday!

Bjoern
Beautiful car Bjoern. I've had a number of 95 355s. I love them as well.

Do you have any more info about Capristo headers for the 2.7? I wasn't aware that they made a product for our cars.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Capristo is offering replacements for the inner pipes of the manifolds. They are opening the housing and welding new pipes (better heat resistance and thicker material) in there. Then close the outer casing again. These pipes should last.

The other option is the by-pass valve. The Capristo valve is controlled by depression, you get a remote control to change the setup, if you like. The biggest advantage -compared to the original part- is, that the Capristo valve stays open in case of a failure, while the Ferrari valve closes. If you don't realize a failure you get the high back pressure in the system.

The Fuchs Export exhaust sounds very good, for me the best option for a F355 if you don't want the whole village to know when you are coming or leaving.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Greetings to everyone! :)

I am a french guy who leaves between Switzerland and France, and the happy owner of a F355 Berlinetta first registered in Italy on Jan14th 1997.

The car has a rather interesting history, since it's lived most of its life in the UK, and was brought back on the continent in France just a few years ago.

I bought it last year in August and have been spending time and fuel ever since to give it back its original look, particularly working on the plastic parts that had suffered in time.

I am here to share and to listen and learn! :ears:

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi y'all,

I'm Gene retired and enjoying the good life in NE Florida. I just added a 1998 F 355 NART blue 6spd spider to my collection. Have been working on it for the last month or so getting up to my standards. So far have really enjoyed the process and have met a few Ferrari owners at Cars and Coffee in Jacksonville.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hello All,

There's a 1999 Ferrari F355 F1 Spider being auctioned tomorrow in Toronto ($1 CDN = $0.79 USD); it has some interesting upgrades; you can check it out at:

Collector Car Productions

Regards,
Gianni

·
Registered
296 Posts
101 - 108 of 108 Posts