Ferrari Life Forum banner

61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
thanks-- MARKP

HI GUYS
I don't know how old you guys are,I am 66 OWNING & DRIVING FERRARI'S for 33 years now
it's in my blood the passion & never kept a FERRARI for over 5 years I BELIEVE in change
---LIFE HOLDS NO GUARANTEES----I spent PLENTY of $$$ already on FERRARIS

plenty said------good luck with yours----ADJUSTING my COILOVERS
KROME

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,132 Posts
I am doing this for me, so I DON'T have to REMOVE the engine anymore, that's all !
I always wanted to do this- for many years--I don't have to be @ the mercy of the MECHANICS
this is my second 355 I sold my 355F1 about 4 years ago , lots of $$$$$ with F1 PUMPS
as these cars get older not necessary the MILEAGE you will see, your DAY will come ,just u wait!
krome
Interesting project. What's the SN of your car KROME? I think I've seen it before and driven it.

·
Super Moderator
1,132 Posts
This ferrari came from texas to florida
no need to give my # to anyone
thanks
krome
You won't share the VIN of your car? You do realize that people collect and share Ferrari VINs all over the world, don't you?

My last F355 was 100679 and my current is 101845.

Nothing to hide, nothing to fear...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Would I have done it that way, probably not, but I'm not going to dog him for deciding to do something different. If it works for him, great. Even if he shows other people what to do to accomplish the same thing, awesome.

There really are few downsides to what he did. He moved weight forward (which is a good thing in this car actually) and he allowed himself to get more access to the engine. I don't see why you'd bother to criticize that and "leave it to Ferrari" to design the cars, when they have a history of getting somethings very wrong... like access to the inner workings of the 355.

Now that's not to say making suggestions for how to go about it in a different or even more productive way isn't appropriate, but "Hey, cool" that's an interesting approach would certainly be appropriate. For the purist, ya, I am sure they threw up in their mouth, just a little after seeing this. Sorry, Ferrari or not, it's just a car. (and I love Ferrari's)

M
The big isdue with this is that the gas tank in the stock location keeps the weight distribution the same no matter the fuel load. Putting it in the front means you handling will change quite a bit full tank vs. empty. That and the fact that it's not very difficult to just drop the stock tank make this somewhat pointless.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Thought it would be a good idea to make a list of F355 owners on Ferrarilife. Please post up a picture of your F355 and some info about it. Thanks.
Thought I'd already posted my 355, ser#101363 but apparently not. Here's the FerrariChat ad from a year ago that led me to buy it:

I'm selling my 355 after a year of ownership due to just getting a 550.

Car has had:

Classic Coach valve guides and major service / Compression 210+ across all - 4.5 years ago.
Car is having full major this week at Ferrari of New England - Comes with 2 year warrenty.
New fabspeed headers last year.
New Cat's.
All parts finished.
Just had a new dash and cluster put it by Ferrari master leather tech.
Just had 1K detail and paint correction.
Tires are fresh with over 70%.
Upgraded Fiorano Brakes -
Challenge can (not the loud version car isn't that loud, however sounds amazing)
New Challenge grill installed.
TONS of records, both keys, books, etc.
36K miles.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Thought I'd already posted my 355, ser#101363 but apparently not. Here's the FerrariChat as that caught me:
and the photos:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
HI GUYS
I don't know how old you guys are,I am 66 OWNING & DRIVING FERRARI'S for 33 years now
it's in my blood the passion & never kept a FERRARI for over 5 years I BELIEVE in change
---LIFE HOLDS NO GUARANTEES----I spent PLENTY of $$$ already on FERRARIS

plenty said------good luck with yours----ADJUSTING my COILOVERS
KROME
WOW! Krome, you must have owned at least 6 to 8 Ferraris over that third of a century! which other Ferraris have you had? and which are/were your favorite(s)?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hi guys

I have owned many of the same FERRARI'S a few times BACK & FORTH with low miles & colors
starting with the 308 with carbs. gtsi berlinetta quattrovalvole a few 328's mondi.348's 355's 512 360 & finally went back to a F355 this is my all time FAVORITE has beauty ,handling, etc.
I have never owned a CONVERTIBLE because of that EXTRA maintenance you have to deal with

got the picture
KROME

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
ANYONE ONE KNOWS ABOUT F355 TIMING BELTS CHANGE 2.7 ENGINE
JUST HAS ONE MARK ON THE 1-4 SIDE
WHAT DO I NEED TO START THIS TIMING BELTS CHANGE

Does anyone knows ?

·
Registered
248 Posts
what is the 3.5 upgrade for f355 WITH 2.7 ENGINE

hi there---ANYONE KNOWS ABOUT THIS !
anyone knows about the 3.5 upgrade & who can I called in ft.lauderdale to find out 355 ferrari 2.7

krome
maybe someone my know something about this 3.5 upgrade since I am changing my belts
& Ricambi bearings

·
Registered
248 Posts
1995 FERRARI 355 BERLINETTA 35k miles up for SALE

selling, it has everything done to it already, good for next 5 years ASKING $65,000
or best offer
ricambi bearings
timing belts
exhaust & muffler

ready to go anywhere---FERRARI market is a lot better now than a few years ago

(954) 822-4930
ft.lauderdale

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
my 355 berlinetta to Chicagoland

my F355 berlinetta is going to a new home in Chicagoland. New owner is a long-time tifoso and tracks some of his cars, thus will thoroughly enjoy this splendid 355. I'll miss her.......... :cry3:

·
Registered
20 Posts
New addition!

New owner for just under 30 days.

Model: F355 spider / 3 pedal
Year: 1999
Steering: LHD
Chassis number: 115442
Ferrari colour: Blu Tour de France
Interior colour: Tan
Mileage: 19k

High Flow cats, Tubi exhaust
Future - Headers

Attachments

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
New owner for just under 30 days.

Model: F355 spider / 3 pedal
Year: 1999
Steering: LHD
Chassis number: 115442
Ferrari colour: Blu Tour de France
Interior colour: Tan
Mileage: 19k

High Flow cats, Tubi exhaust
Future - Headers

Welcome, Scot! Are you ever in for fun with a splendid car! IMHO blu/tan is the very best color combination, as you can see from my 355 just above and from my 575 in blu TdF/cuoio, 412 in blu chiaro/beige and Maserati Spyder in blu nettuno/cuoio. Even my Cadillac CTS is a medium-dark blue/cashmere.

Enjoy and again, welcome

·
Registered
269 Posts
hi there---ANYONE KNOWS ABOUT THIS !
anyone knows about the 3.5 upgrade & who can I called in ft.lauderdale to find out 355 ferrari 2.7

krome
maybe someone my know something about this 3.5 upgrade since I am changing my belts
& Ricambi bearings
Toda Racing has some great parts that make it scream up to 3.9 litre kits also
450hp range for daily drivers w no turbo

fun fun fun :)

Attachments

61 - 80 of 108 Posts