Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new on this forum can anyone tell me? :confused:I have a 1998 F355 F1, 28k on the clock, would like to know a problem with a clutch pump? how much they cost? and How long it last? clutch too also?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Classic?

Thanks for the reply man i'm located in Hong Kong, if i take it back to the dealer it's going to cost me around USD 2k -3k fitted is that about right? but i've only done 28k on the clock is that consider a lot? Of course Hong Kong have the most expensive petrol in the world so you could imagine everytime i drive it the fuel gage goes down pretty fast. I was thinking of selling it but everytime i look at it well i say to myself maybe not. Also i would like to know what kind of problems would a 98 F1 28k on the clock have to deal with?
Do you think a F355 F1 will become a classic? for me the ultimate Ferrari would be a F355 with the technology of a F430!!

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Thanks for the reply man i'm located in Hong Kong, if i take it back to the dealer it's going to cost me around USD 2k -3k fitted is that about right? but i've only done 28k on the clock is that consider a lot? Of course Hong Kong have the most expensive petrol in the world so you could imagine everytime i drive it the fuel gage goes down pretty fast. I was thinking of selling it but everytime i look at it well i say to myself maybe not. Also i would like to know what kind of problems would a 98 F1 28k on the clock have to deal with?
Do you think a F355 F1 will become a classic? for me the ultimate Ferrari would be a F355 with the technology of a F430!!
Price sounds about right. How many miles you get out of a clutch really depends on how you drive it. Lots of stop and start in city traffic is not good for a 355 F1.

Suggest you take a look at the F355 Buyers Guide for a list of common issues:

http://www.ferrarilife.com/library/guides.php

In terms of classic, will not know for at least another 15 years.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I've experienced, for the first time, the F1 workings in a 360 Modena recently. Considering the amount of slippage that clutch mechanism uses (and I was with a highly experienced Ferrari mechanic who demonstrated it), I would not be surprised if the clutch in a 360 F1 goes in 28k miles. Considering the 355 had a less sophisticated system, I think the clutch wear is not out of the ordinary.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
never ending story!!!

Thank you for the quick reply, i only use my F1 paddles and i'm the only person that drives it, because my mechanic told me that if i use the auto mode in city traffic the gears tend to change too often too much and is not good for the gearbox or the clutch. i do drive my Ferrari not as offen as i hope but i do try to drive it, in regards to JazzyO how can i prevent the clutch from slipping? i use my F1 according to the revs but i'm gentle with my car don't want to drive the shit out of it if you know what i mean.
I really want to keep this car, my wife has a Audi R8 and she laughs at me because my F355 is not going anywhere at the moment and she told me i should sell it but this F355 is my Dreamcar so i want to fix it and keep it in a good condition.

Again thanks for helping out you guys!!

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
With the F1, you really can not prevent the clutch from slipping. What will help is only changing gears at higher rpms. Off hand I can't remember if using the sports mode also quickens the shift times, but if it does, you can also use it all the time (quicker shifts, less slippage). Lastly lift off the gas slightly when you pull the paddle (as you would on a manual) when changing gears.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Boxer Help!

Thanks Boxer. my machanic just gave me a call and said is not a clutch or the clutch pump problem, my car needs replacement for some sort of rubber setting below the engine theres four of them undernear the engine or something, he said if the engine is not balance or not sitting probably the gears won't change right also it needs new gearbox oil and gearbox filter as well, total cost USD3K fitted is that ok ? have you heard such problems before in regards to the rubber stands below the engine? BTW this machanic only fixes ferraris and have a special computer that can tell whats wrong with the car once is contacted to the computer in my F355.
What you think?

Thanks mate you've being a great help!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Boxer if i use the sports mode all the time would that put too much work on the engine and gearbox? does the cars drink more fuel that way? one more thing do you know how much does a clutch pump cost?

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Thanks Boxer. my machanic just gave me a call and said is not a clutch or the clutch pump problem, my car needs replacement for some sort of rubber setting below the engine theres four of them undernear the engine or something, he said if the engine is not balance or not sitting probably the gears won't change right also it needs new gearbox oil and gearbox filter as well, total cost USD3K fitted is that ok ? have you heard such problems before in regards to the rubber stands below the engine? BTW this machanic only fixes ferraris and have a special computer that can tell whats wrong with the car once is contacted to the computer in my F355.
What you think?

Thanks mate you've being a great help!
Sounds like the engine mounts. Yes they do degrade over time and need replacing. Had the ones in my 360 done this year. No idea what labor rates are in HK so can't comment on price.

The computer is an SDII and it does give you a read out of any faults.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Boxer well lets hope after this drama my car will run for a long while without any problems you've been great help very kind of you to give me the time. if you have anything cool about any ferrari news please drop me a message. again thank you. cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts