Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
i am new to the forum.This is a great froum, thank you all.
I would like to buy a F355 and need some help.
I have found this a f355 with this condition:

Mileage: 13K miles
year:1995 GTB
color: red
Service: 30K service done in 2005 at 10K miles.
mods: HYPER-FLOW pipes, CAPRISTO MUFFLER, challenge grill
books and bags missing and had about 3 owners
I checked carfax, it shows accident in 1999 saying:
Accident reported Vehicle involved in crash with a fixed object and hit a guard rail, everything esle in car fax in clean.

i talked to private owner you owned it for last 4 years,saying car is in excellent cond and no need for PPI or any service soon.

Price=US $59K.

question:
1. can you please advise if this car is a good one to buy?
I own a porsche GT3 and recently fell in love with ferrari's sound and look and need one.

2.with this price how much depreciation I migh see in 2-3 years?

Thanks to you all, you are all great.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Welcome!

1. No, or at least be very carefull. In many cases Ferrari's do not have small accidents and fixing that is an art only is mastered by a few. I spend a year to find the right 355 and have seen many truely bad examples. Enjoy your search and resist the tempation untill you feel 100% comfortable and certain.
2. The biggest depreciation is over and prices are not likely to drop very much anymore. But depends on the condition, history and milage. Good and well maintained examples will keep their value.

Good luck and keep us posted

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I would want to know more....much more...about that accident. I would need to see the extent of the damage myself. I would need pictures of the car in crunched condition. The way its described in carfax will make the depreciation curve much steeper than any other car. given the accident, I'd say the price is 8 to 10 k to high for my tastes.

Note the use of the word "I". This is personnal opinion only.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
umm....accident car...the car hopefully was repaired by a Ferrari dealer, see first they have the history of the repair... Good luck with the search!:)

Chris

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi all,
Thanks for your input.
Per overall input, I have a feeling this is not a good one to buy, then I keep searching.
I am glad that I talked to you guys before pulling trigger.you all are great help

Thanks,
Mo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts