Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like some more info on how to improve the ventilation of the engine for my F355...i'm getting a challenge grill but i would like to know if there is anything else one could do to decrease chances of overheating like it does in heavy traffic...thanks!

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
i would like some more info on how to improve the ventilation of the engine for my F355...i'm getting a challenge grill but i would like to know if there is anything else one could do to decrease chances of overheating like it does in heavy traffic...thanks!
It should not overheat. Make sure both the radiator fans are operating and that nothing is blocking the air scoops. I would also bleed the radiator as you might have an air bubble.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Check your rads. They may need refurbing or replacing.

You could also add "water wetter" to the rad coolant.

You could coat the manifolds, cats and exhaust with zircotek. That should cool the engine bay quite a bit.

http://www.zircotec.org/page/automotive/12

Automotive
Heat transfer from the exhaust can be one of the most damaging environmental factors for cars and motorbikes. It can reduce component reliability, damage expensive finishes, reduce engine performance and create safety issues. Traditional heat barrier solutions such as thermal wrap can add their own problems, including reduced airflow, the need for more under bonnet space and increased maintenance, yet with today's exceptional high temperatures they may still not be able to deliver a complete reprieve from thermal radiation.

The Zircotec exhaust coating process solves these problems with the use of an exceptionally high performance ceramic thermal barrier coating that is compact, lightweight and far more durable than any current competitor technology. Our thermal barrier technique has a vast range of potential applications, from F1 to road cars and motorbikes, and has been proven over more than ten years of use with some of the world's most successful motorsport teams.
Advantages of Zircotec Exhaust Coatings:

* Increase engine performance by reducing air intake temperature

* Reduce turbo spin-up time by keeping the inlet hot

* Reduce or eliminate fuel vaporisation

* Enhance reliability through reduced under-bonnet temperatures

* Protect heat sensitive engine components

* Improve packaging and airflow by eliminating thermal wrap

* Keep drivers alert and passengers comfortable by reducing cockpit temperatures

* Improve safety by reducing fire risk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, i'm new to the site but would appreciate some advice on Zircotec coating.

My mechanic has recommended Zircotec to help solve a heat problem, and so i've been reading their website (www.zircotec.com). I would be interested in hearing comments on the coating and coating service from anyone who has used Zircotec.

I see that Zircotec are working with Lamborghini (http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080618.014/lamborghini-selects-new-diamond-black-zircotec-coating-for-reventn) so Zircotec and its coatings must have already been vetted by Audi......which is perhaps a good indicator of Zircotec's ability. I'm also atracted by Zircotecs 3yr warranty!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
running hot?

check the fans closely,make sure the system has been bleed properly ..check the temp manually or try the systema diagnosi . ya know shoot it with a temperature gun . this car does not run hot .atleast here in clearwater florida forza

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Jeez Frank...your last post was 7/14/2007...One per year...wowzer

How are ya? You up north now? you going to Limerock for the FCA meet?

·
Registered
36 Posts
limerock my back yard

hey lane , yea one post a year .i dont get over here as i've been busy . i got fed up with some a the ya da stuf. hope to see you there . putting together a shop with an interior maker [NY} and working out the details . win win i just converted a 348 to R134 components and it is nice and cold . i have an 85 euro 308 $ 49k 727 735-7092

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
hey lane , yea one post a year .i dont get over here as i've been busy . i got fed up with some a the ya da stuf. hope to see you there . putting together a shop with an interior maker [NY} and working out the details . win win i just converted a 348 to R134 components and it is nice and cold . i have an 85 euro 308 $ 49k 727 735-7092
Where in NY are you setting up shop ? Quite a few guys in the last year have been lookign for expert help in the NY/CT area.

·
Registered
36 Posts
stanfordville new york

working out a nice long term building useage . i keep geting booted off aol so ill let this posting make it . stanfordville is 30 minutes from limerock race track and was the home of the late james cagney .he had an club called the stagecoach inn minutes from us . great weekend driving [ weather permiting ] sorry i missed the guys at limerock this weekend .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts