Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I understand that the new Ferrari front-engined V-8 GT car is code-named F149 and it will be unveiled in October at Geneva Auto Show.

This is a test of intelligence (for the men Oscar Wilde described as "knowing the price of everything but the value of nothing")

1. Do you buy a 600hp 599 GTB Hummer that can't be driven safely at 80% of its capabilities on roads designed 40 years ago for 200-300hp cars...and pay something like $340,000 for it? Heck, so you're rich...buy a used one now for $400,000 or more!

OR

2. Do you pay $240,000 or more for a V-8 version of the Ferrari Hummer (the F149) with an F430 engine and get that questionable Pininfarina styling in a car that can be driven safely at 80 % of its (lesser) capabilities on the same roads? Let6's call this the "H2" Hummer variant.

OR

3. Do you pay a mere $117,000 for the GORGEOUS Maserati GT with the same F430 engine (as the F149) and use the savings for ...what ever!

I'd go with #3 and use the savings to buy a used F430 for sports driving!

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
At this point in my life, I would buy a 348 or an F355 if I had the choice. I would then save the extra money.:D Don't get me wrong the F430 would be very tempting.:) Not a huge fan of Maserati though

Chris

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I agree with the others, why pay good money for any brand new car which is going to depreciate by 50% plus in the first 3 years. Buy a 10 year old Ferrari that's near the bottom of the depreciation curve. My advice would be to buy any style of 355 or a 550, as you aren't going to lose much money and you will still have a fantastic car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Maserati GT

=) well... considering those options... go maserati GT..

Don't get me wrong... You will lose a lot of money... but hell... maybe you are not investing.. just acomplishing a dream!

and I think that the GT is a gorgeous car w/ an awesome interior....

=)

Azp.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
I agree with the others, why pay good money for any brand new car which is going to depreciate by 50% plus in the first 3 years. Buy a 10 year old Ferrari that's near the bottom of the depreciation curve. My advice would be to buy any style of 355 or a 550, as you aren't going to lose much money and you will still have a fantastic car.

I agree. Go with the 550 or if you need 4 seats, the 456 M GT.

·
Registered
13 Posts
New "baby ferrari"...... F149

I have heard conflicting info about this car..... is it in the 125k range or the 225k range (u.s. dollars)

??

when is it do out ?

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The GT_California (GT-CA) formerly F149 pricing

The GT-CA will be more slightly expensive than an F430, somewhere in the low-mid $200,000, US. And because the new GT can be ordered and built within a two year time horizon, I think the days of sky-high premiums on "slightly used" socondary-market GT-CA's will never exist like they still do , to some extent, on F430's, 360s, etc now.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
The GT-CA will be more slightly expensive than an F430, somewhere in the low-mid $200,000, US. And because the new GT can be ordered and built within a two year time horizon, I think the days of sky-high premiums on "slightly used" socondary-market GT-CA's will never exist like they still do , to some extent, on F430's, 360s, etc now.
Pricing in the UK will be in the GBP 140k range so US is likely to be around $250k. Agree that the likely hood of a premium used market for this model is low.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Thats amazing...but at the same time almost expected.

Chris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts