Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As an extension of the thread concerning F1 being dropped in the US, I thought I'd share some thoughts on the difference between the two.

I think the main difference is that F1 is a driver's sport and NASCAR is a spectator's sport. With the oval track, you can sit in the stands and see the entire race course. You can follow your favorite car or driver, you can see the passes or crashes. With F1, you only see a portion of the track. Here they come, zoom, zoom, zoom, and there they go. You have to wait until they come back around again.

Where F1 is the pinnacle of automotive engineering, NASCAR is more of the raw guts, backyard mechanic, anyone could do this, type of game. The cars look more like cars rather than jet fighters on wheels. The fans can relate more to it.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
That's pretty much spot on. F1 isn't much of a spectator sport if you are at the track. I went to the British GP a couple of weeks ago, I didn't actually see much of it, you actually get a much better view of it on the TV. But I'd still rather watch F1 on TV than any other motorsport.

Last year I went to the Top Fuel Dragster World Championships at Santa Pod (UK), it's not really my thing, but the fans are very passionate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts