Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is anyone else going? I am road tripping with a few friends and driving the Rossa since the new tires for my maser did not show up yet

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I was there yesterday but had to work so came back today....had a GREAT TIME! Check out the museum...they've got Schumi's car from when he won a championship with Benneton and several of his helmets as well as many vintage Ferrari racers and of course a plethora of Indy cars. Hell, walking through the parking lot was almost like being at a car show...so many Porshes and Ferraris. I saw what looked like a new Modena and several 308s as well as a 512 and a few others. I even got to sit down and have a chat with one of the owners before he took off. I would venture to say there were more South Americans and Europeans there than US citizens. One of my favorite part aside from the cars were a group of Brazilians that flew for the races that were wearing nothing but speedos with Brazilian flags tied around them chanting: "MASSA! FELIPE! MASSA! FELIPE!!" It's wonderful to see such loyalty. There were a group of 5-6 Spanish kids around ages 8-12 that had home made flags painted on what looked like Pillow Cases that said: "VAMOS ALONSO"

As I pulled into the parking lot I could hear them just starting the cars for the first practice....then I walked in and before I had my ear-plugs in, here comes a Toyota flying by at around 200+ km/h just 20 feet away from me down the track. My reaction: WOW! I could get tickets but I just wish I had time to go back up for the races, even though I missed the qualifying.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts