Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am constantly looking for the right numberplate
DVLA has been putting up F prefix plates on auction lately
What do you guys think they are worth ? if anything ?
F355 and F40 seem to be premium stuff .
Is it an ideal way to finish it off ?

F 40 WOW , he he

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Anything with Ferrari nomenclatures will be at a premium, I always wanted F328GTS but I never found it, and if I had it would have probably cost as much as the car.

The right plate can look great on a car, but I think it needs to be car specific rather than your own name or non specific letters or numbers.

I've seen some good ones at owners shows and events, most F40's I've seen have F40??? on their plate.

The list of potentials is endless, but here are a few good ones off the top of my head.

F40HOT
F40FER
F40RED
F550MAR
F355GTS or GTB
F1 5CUD
F1 RED
...etc,etc. I'm sure you get the picture

Don't forget that your car can't pre date the plate, eg, if you have a 95 car you cant have a 2000 plate

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
We've had a bit of discussion about this before (BTW Sandy, not everyone on this forum is English or knows what the DVLA is).

I think, as Archie mentioned, something relating to the car is great. People who want their own name on their car, well, there is a Dutch saying that only fools and idiots write their names on walls and windows (it rhymes in Dutch). I think that's true - it's nice if you want the plate to say something about the concept, but not so nice if you want it say something you can't say or prove yourself.

I still think that 74 BB would be an awesome plate for my Boxer. It's simple, and describes the car. It also has nothing to do with me, so that should help in resale :D

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
I did a search for F11 CKU and it came up 'no longer available' - I even had my credit card ready :(

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I believe it was bought by the same person who has

C11NTS
C11NTO
F11KME
F11KYU
S111TTY
W4NKS

I think the owner is Comrade Vulcan F-40

·
Registered
594 Posts
Noticed the F Plates out but don't have a car new enough that I could put one on.
Fancied F14 T AB for the Fiat 500 Abarth I'm hopng to buy next year but because I'm in N.I I can't put it on retention over here :veryangry2:

Have to stick to ENZO 1 on the 308 for a while yet :grin2:

·
Registered
1 Posts
F 430 owners

Having recently sold my f430 manual, which was my first Ferrari, I have retained the plate and hope to find it a good home at a sensible offer.

It's currently on Pistonheads but if anyone wants to make an offer, just pm me.

It created a great talking point as well as the car. F430 TOY works really well. Have a great new year.

·
Premium Member
11,886 Posts
Much easier in the States, especially someplace like New Mexico without many Ferraris. I think mine was the first 575M here. There are two now.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,886 Posts
Admiral- Very appropriate.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Plates in Japan can have numbers only and not allowed to "play" accordingly. Yet, there are some who would deliberately choose arrangements to make statements.

Here with mine, 1919, in Japanese this is pronounced as "iku, iku", which can be interpreted as "coming, coming", if you know what I mean. :deal:
How silly of me because I never did this before. w/ smiles Jimmy

Attachments

1 - 20 of 114 Posts