Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, can any one tell me what time the race will finnish at Indiannapolis in september so i can book my return flight back to clearwater sunday afternoon or early evening.Thank you Mick.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
most F1 races are about 1.5 hours.
I don't know whow Indy is, isn't the track in the center of town???
but leaving the track right after the race is a disaster.
It doesn't matter on what track you are in the world.
So don't book your flight to close after the race
BTW take good pics for us :D

·
Registered
533 Posts

It took forever to leave the track the last couple of years, and It will be no different this year. I say, hang out and enjoy the atmosphere after the race. Go outside and browse through all the venders. Book your flight as late as possible if you have to be back home by monday. Otherwise just do it the next day.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Tifoso_boy,

Totally agree. Plus, everything directly related to the GP, at any GP, goes on sale right after the champagne flies. Just think, you won't be back until the next year....It's a sad occasion.

Forza,

Dane

·
Registered
533 Posts
YES Dane,

It does have a sense of sadness when the race is over , and you have to go home :( . Especially when somebody like myself was at the track at 6 or 7 every morning, and would leave about 6 in the afternoon! :eek:ha: I remember in 2000, when ferrari finished 1-2!! :D ....I was on such an emotional high, I didn't want to leave......

·
Registered
454 Posts
Tifoso_boy,

7-7 at the track. Hell yes. People that show just for the F1 boys are missing it. Plus, what else is there to do that can't wait until the next weekend?

Forza,

Dane

·
Registered
533 Posts
I know!! There is soooo much to see! I like hanging out near the paddock entrances, and catch a glimpse or picture or even an autograph from the drivers. In 2000, Michael actually walked into the paddock (unlike last year ..where he drove). I got to grab his shoulder :p !!!! Man, I must have looked like a teenage girl at a backstreet boys concert!!!!! But, it was the coolest thing..... :D

·
Registered
533 Posts
Dj Dirk said:
DAMN? so you got his autograph.
did you talk to him?
No, I didn't get his autograph :cry: There was just a mob of people going up to him. He signed a few, but he didn't get mine :oops: I did get Ross Brawn and Jean Todt!!!!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Tifoso_boy,

Awesome. I think it's so much cooler to have seen MS up close then to have an autograph that you bought from the internet, etc. Now, when you combine the two, that's special....Good for you. I'm green with envy!

Forza,

Dane

·
Registered
533 Posts
Dane Sander said:
Tifoso_boy,

Awesome. I think it's so much cooler to have seen MS up close then to have an autograph that you bought from the internet, etc. Now, when you combine the two, that's special....Good for you. I'm green with envy!

Forza,

Dane
Thanks Dane!

It was great to have been sooooo close to him. I was in the middle of the mob holding on to his shoulder as he made his way to the paddock entrance. As for Rubens, he would make 'mad dashes' from the parking lot ....All I could get from him were pics of him running! :eek:

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Tifoso_Boy said:
DJ......

I had them sign my Ferrari cap!!! I got Jean Alesi to do it as well... :D
WOW THAT'S SO AMAZING
i'll bet that you worship that cap :green: :wink:

I've only met 1 notorious Ferrari driver and that's Jacky Ickx

·
Registered
533 Posts
Dj Dirk said:
Tifoso_Boy said:
DJ......

I had them sign my Ferrari cap!!! I got Jean Alesi to do it as well... :D
WOW THAT'S SO AMAZING
i'll bet that you worship that cap :green: :wink:

I've only met 1 notorious Ferrari driver and that's Jacky Ickx
I have that cap in a plastic bag!!! I don't want anything to happen to it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
DJ,

I also took almost 300 pics in 2000 and 300 in 2001!!!! So, now you might get the idea that I'm slightly insane about F1 and Ferrari!!!!!! :p

1 - 20 of 30 Posts