Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anybody has dealt with purchasing an aftermarket warranty from a company called "the exotic warranty co. " I want to know how they handled claims. If the dealer had any problem with dealing with them.

·
Registered
473 Posts
marknkidz said:
I was just wondering if anybody has dealt with purchasing an aftermarket warranty from a company called "the exotic warranty co. " I want to know how they handled claims. If the dealer had any problem with dealing with them.
As per a previous post I made, I've had experence with an extended warranty on my old 355 (However not via exotic warrenty co) The warranty was really good (I actually used it twice in the two years I had it and saved myself about $2k) If you have an older car that you are purchacing from a non Ferrari dealership I would certainly consider a warranty. The cost of these cars to fix can be very painful

Derm

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
marknkidz said:
Hi,
The car dealer where I bought my QV looked over this company for me and did not recommend that I buy an extended warranty from them because of non-cost effectiveness. Essentially, in 3 years time I will have ended up paying the equivalence of a major dealer service (9K)
If your vehicle does not have well documented service records or repair history it may be worth the cost, however. 8)

·
Registered
613 Posts
Hi,

I have no exotic, but I bought extended warranty for my punto, instead of 2 years I now have 4 years. Although my car is only 1,5 year old I have been to the garage so often I'm already happy I did. I personaly espect my problems not to be solved within the next 6 monds. So the extended warranty will help me.

:( List of problems I had:
-driver door broke.
-computer has been replaced.
-front brakes failed (bad construction), this repeats often.
-steering failed.
-window wiper broke.
-I can go one if you want me to... :cry:

What I try to say is that you might never know what strange things could go wrong an when... ...amagine paying things you can't do a thing about!

ps I hope you don't have a car like mine... ...it's very extreem, but I still love to drive her :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts