1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if any of you,
Apart from owining a prancing horse automobile,
Own another exotic such as Lamborghini's, Aston Martin's or even a Saleen S7 to put up randomly?:drive:

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Im still working on my first (348 or TR) but if I get a chance to own 2 exotics, if I don’t choose to upgrade to a bigger one (price wise) it will be a Lamborghini Jalpa……damn I love the look of that car….saw one for 50K here, still for sale….

~

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if any of you,
Apart from owining a prancing horse automobile,
Own another exotic such as Lamborghini's, Aston Martin's or even a Saleen S7 to put up randomly?:drive:

Yes... well no.. well yes. Have a car MUCH more rare than most Ferraris, has much higher performance, is much lighter with staggering braking and handling.

It is called a track car, a Van Diemen to be more specific.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
if I get a chance to own 2 exotics, if I don’t choose to upgrade to a bigger one (price wise) it will be a Lamborghini Jalpa
~
I had thought the same thing myself. You and I have very similar tastes.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
I had thought the same thing myself. You and I have very similar tastes.
Really, I thought I was the only one who loves that car, black or white are my favorite ones, red is ok but does not give me that same feeling as the other colors do. About 10-12 years ago, in the town I grew up in (Population 35K) there was a guy who owned a white Jalpa and a white Lotus Esprit Turbo. I used to drive by very slow and admire them both (I like the Lotus as well but not more than the Jalpa).

Then Mr. Copeland (CEO of Corel) moved in our town when he launched Corel Draw and freaked everyone out with all his cars and small semi-detached house with one garage. He had a Diablo, Vette, 911 and a Lotus Esprit Turbo and they were all white and half were always parked in his driveway and the other half always in the street. He used to go to the corner store, Subway or video store in his Diablo, leave the door open, engine was off but the keys were always left in the ignition. This is about the time I got really addicted to exotic cars…

I almost forgot, I used to own a lifted modified 4X4 Jeep and used it off road, and you do to, we both have full size trucks, we both have ATV’s you have a 308, I’m looking for a Prancing mistress…..now we have another common interest in the Jalpa….only thing….I don’t like boats….well that’s not entirely true, I don’t like being to far from shore, if I cant swim back I’m very uncomfortable about it…

Almost forgot, I also really like old Mercedes and I dont know why ? they just look cool.

http://www.exoticaronline.com/inventory/propview.php?car=1157915019

~

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
I don’t like boats….well that’s not entirely true, I don’t like being to far from shore, if I cant swim back I’m very uncomfortable about it…
Well if it will make you feel any better, you can't swim back so don't worry about it. It you go over the side of the boat in Maine or in Canada, it doesn't matter how close you are to shore, you'll freeze to death long before you drown or make it to shore. Rule of thumb in 50° water - you can swim for 50 yards or you can float in the recovery position for 50 minutes. Because of the way water transfers heat away from the body any water less than 70° is considered cold water. There, now don't you feel better that you don't really have to worry about drowning?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well if it will make you feel any better, you can't swim back so don't worry about it. It you go over the side of the boat in Maine or in Canada, it doesn't matter how close you are to shore, you'll freeze to death long before you drown or make it to shore. Rule of thumb in 50° water - you can swim for 50 yards or you can float in the recovery position for 50 minutes. Because of the way water transfers heat away from the body any water less than 70° is considered cold water. There, now don't you feel better that you don't really have to worry about drowning?
dang, thats crazy. i didnt know it was that dangerous!

my english teacher senior year told us about her cousin that died by falling over a boat in cold water. she said he pretty much died instantly because the water was so cold he lost a lot of muscle control, and the cold water went up his ass and froze him from the inside out.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
dang, thats crazy. i didnt know it was that dangerous!

my english teacher senior year told us about her cousin that died by falling over a boat in cold water. she said he pretty much died instantly because the water was so cold he lost a lot of muscle control, and the cold water went up his ass and froze him from the inside out.
Cold water is nothing to mess around with. You have to know what you are doing. So when you read about those Alaska King Crab fishermen and how much money they make, they are risking their lives every time they go out. The advice I always give to the crew, try your best to stay in the boat.

Sounds like we have gone off track on this thread but have the makings for a new one?

BTW - the cold water didn't go up his ass and kill him from the inside out. Trust me, if you get dunked in cold water there ain't nothing getting up your ass. It sucked the heat out of his limbs and groin and head and then he lost all muscle control. Cold kills from the outside in, the body will shut down blood flow to the extremities to protect the core. When someone is shivering you can re-warm them and they will be fine. When the person is so cold that the shivering stops you have a true medical emergency.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Cold water is nothing to mess around with. You have to know what you are doing. So when you read about those Alaska King Crab fishermen and how much money they make, they are risking their lives every time they go out. The advice I always give to the crew, try your best to stay in the boat.

Sounds like we have gone off track on this thread but have the makings for a new one?

BTW - the cold water didn't go up his ass and kill him from the inside out. Trust me, if you get dunked in cold water there ain't nothing getting up your ass. It sucked the heat out of his limbs and groin and head and then he lost all muscle control. Cold kills from the outside in, the body will shut down blood flow to the extremities to protect the core. When someone is shivering you can re-warm them and they will be fine. When the person is so cold that the shivering stops you have a true medical emergency.
hmm... i guess thats why she was an english teacher and not a doctor or something :D

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Enjoythemusic,
Nice automobile!
Can you tell me the standard stats about the van Diemen racer,
and roughly how much is it worth today?:drive:

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
you can swim for 50 yards or you can float in the recovery position for 50 minutes.
Well I never get on a boat...period and recovery position.....I dont bend that way anymore......so im good......

~

1 - 14 of 14 Posts