Ferrari Life Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Tubi

I have to say that I have had the TUBI on my 328 for 16 Years.,.and have never had a problem with it. So, pretty darn good quality,,The TUBI along with my Larini Test pipe gives my car a nice sound,,which does get up to a nice wind,,but not a 355 scream,, The 328 has more of a 1970 s ish..Euro exhaust note,,For many years I longed to buy a 355, I loved the look,and of course that insane Ferrari scream from the 5 Valve Head motor,,. With that being said,,things have changed for me,, Im going to buy an 05-08 Gallardo,,,With a 6 speed manual gearbox,,Newer machine,,and a V10...Thought about a 430,,but ...I can get more car for less money ,,and better looks with the Lambo,,

Brett Lucca

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
If its your b day happy b day Dave R
G
I think a capristo makes you feel 20 years younger. Especially when you blow buy a rice burning 19 year old and all they do is give you the thumbs up.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Not enough black marks in the parking lot!

I took my car out for a run today. I have to admit, I don't see me going back to the Tubi. Just too enjoyable with the top down and being able to hear other stuff while driving. I can actually tell when the bypass opens. Lotusk, if you aren't in love with a loud exhaust I would give it a try. It is pretty tame, but for me, in a good way.
You get less burble on idle ?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
With the Tubi, it seemed to sound like it was missing at idle. Of course, I did have some exhaust leaks so that didn't help the sound at all. My biggest gripe with the Tubi was when I would cruise at a steady speed and apply very lite throttle, it made a burble noise that I didn't like. The stock exhaust is more restrictive and only gives a slight burble coasting with no throttle. As for the "scream" , I think it sounds pretty good.

·
Registered
159 Posts
With the Tubi, it seemed to sound like it was missing at idle. Of course, I did have some exhaust leaks so that didn't help the sound at all. My biggest gripe with the Tubi was when I would cruise at a steady speed and apply very lite throttle, it made a burble noise that I didn't like. The stock exhaust is more restrictive and only gives a slight burble coasting with no throttle. As for the "scream" , I think it sounds pretty good.
Thanks
2 questions:

Is the stock exhaust noticeably quieter in the cabin than the tubi?
Any loss of torque with the stock exhaust?

Are you pleased you did the change?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Like I said, I have a spider, and I am certain a hard top would be completely different. Mine is noticeably more peaceful in the car with the top down. I did not notice any substantial loss in torque, and if there is any loss of torque the trade off is worth it to me.

I dont plan on putting the Tubi back on. Others may love it, but for me it was too noisy.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Howard, this is like discussing guitars or music - it's all subjective. Put your OEM muffler on and try it. If you like it, keep it. If not, go back to what you have now.

That's the only way to decide what works for you. No other way :)
Exactly i like my capristo but i have a berlinetta and if i want it quiet i put up the windows. I know mine is louder at idle but i dont notice it. I love the WFO sound too much. Every drive i specifically go somewhere unpopulated and out of my way just to rip on it.

experimentation Howard and enjoy.

If your questioning it then you probably need to try it because you have not found the perfect combination for yourself.

Yet

Good luck!!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
After a few drives in my car with the stock muffler, I can say without hesitation, it is a pleasure to drive. With the Tubi it was just too noisy for me, and it was work to talk to a passenger.

Today, here in SC, it was absolutely beautiful. I went over to my brothers house to help him with an antique boat restoration project. He is wood, I am metal. We went for lunch in the 355 and he loved it. Great car, great time with my brother. I am a lucky guy.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
After a few drives in my car with the stock muffler, I can say without hesitation, it is a pleasure to drive. With the Tubi it was just too noisy for me, and it was work to talk to a passenger.

Today, here in SC, it was absolutely beautiful. I went over to my brothers house to help him with an antique boat restoration project. He is wood, I am metal. We went for lunch in the 355 and he loved it. Great car, great time with my brother. I am a lucky guy.
Seems many of us were out for a drive today. Ahh, Spring is a great time of the year :)

Glad you had a nice time with your brother, Ernest :)

41 - 52 of 52 Posts