Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
What is the project or repair that is being performed?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes, what is the repairwork bein done on that car? Possibly been in a accident where the bumper got trashed and the airbag got deployed? :eek:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car came it to the shop with a blown fuse. There was a 70 amp draw on the curict, even with every thing that was on the fuse unhooked. the wire had to be traced from the fuse box, behind the dash, across the car, out to the left fender, then behind the bumper. The short was in the front air cash sensor. All of the info that I got said that the crash sensor is not on that curcuit. But it is. We took the photos to show the owner what had to be done. I never tell the costomer about this site, they may start fixing there own cars, then I will get hugery.

·
Registered
473 Posts
bell47 said:
The car came it to the shop with a blown fuse. There was a 70 amp draw on the curict, even with every thing that was on the fuse unhooked. the wire had to be traced from the fuse box, behind the dash, across the car, out to the left fender, then behind the bumper. The short was in the front air cash sensor. All of the info that I got said that the crash sensor is not on that curcuit. But it is. We took the photos to show the owner what had to be done. I never tell the costomer about this site, they may start fixing there own cars, then I will get hugery.
So did he have to pay by the hour to get the blown fuse fixed? By the look of the photos that would be a big bill!!!

Dermot

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
A BLOWN FUSE!?! Oh my freakin' God!!! I know you have to find out why it blew, but look at the car!!

And people wonder why I like old Jeeps. There's no computer stuff and you can replace the entire wiring harness for less than $300. Can't find the short? Replace all the wires. Done.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it realy was more then a blown fuse. the Crash sensor had a dead short. that coused the 70amp draw at the fuse box. It would pop a fuse the secand that one was installed. There was a small part inside the sensor that broke loose in a accident. The owner did not tell us that the car had been in a small accident that require a new front bumper until after the repairs where made. The short did not show up untill some weeks after he got it back from the out of town boby shop. The loose part got stuck between the power plug and the inside of the body of the sensor (ground). that coused the dead short. If it had of landed .5mm on eather side it could have set off the airbags. The short happened on a long trip on the highway. I would hate to be driving in a curve when that happens.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts