Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking on eBay at the Ferraris. It had an Enzo ready for delivery in two weeks. Are there out already? Humm........
The price was $1,200,000. Heck, not in my budget.

This guy is a flipper. I was told that Ferrari was not going to allow flippers to get an Enzo. Oh, well.
8)

·
Registered
533 Posts
I saw the same auction on Ebay. It is for an Enzo to be delivered to midland TX. I'm suppose to go to Ferrari of Houston again on monday, I will ask them.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Knowing a crowd of collectors that can afford and do buy these cars I can tell you they are all flipping them. The Enzo is not being fully accepted by the purist. But they made so few I am sure they will all find happy homes.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
BRUNO said:
Knowing a crowd of collectors that can afford and do buy these cars I can tell you they are all flipping them. The Enzo is not being fully accepted by the purist. But they made so few I am sure they will all find happy homes.
I'm curious, why are they not being accepted by the purist and what do you mean by the purist?

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I friend of mine his dad is receiving his Enzo in march and he already had some offer made to him upwards to 1.2 million $ :eek:
ofcourse he refused

·
Registered
575 Posts
Enzo250GTO said:
I'm curious, why are they not being accepted by the purist and what do you mean by the purist?
The typical Ferrari owner is a bit hesitant to accept new things, big changes, etc... They have the cars because of the heritage, history and it reminds them of the days of the "classic" car. The technology of the Enzo is far beyond what any other road car has offered before so there is skepticism of whether it'll work and more importantly, will it last?

Personnally, I'm still not fond of the shape. I've grown to appreciate it more, but it still doesn't grab me. As always, when one sees something in the flesh, its far better. But for now, for that kind of money, I'd rather have something else (like a 288 GTO, or no latter than an F40).

·
Registered
286 Posts
Peter, You make a great point. The real Ferrari purists do have problem with change. Can you imagine what would happen if G.M. or one of the big U.S. car companies took over Ferrari. There would be no sales and then G.M. would have to direct the car to be sold as a mass produced car one step above the Vette. Just a thought.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
T-Boy
his dad lives in NY, so i would have to go on vacation first (but it would be worht it :wink: )

Andrew
How long are you in japan??
a month??
and you already got a girl, not bad :green:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Peter hit most of the reasons purist shy away. A problem with this car,and not the only one, is it wasnt designed by an Italian.
I know a lot of Ferrari guys that consider everything made after the Daytona as a Fiat.Then the next group draw the line later after the last car designed before Enzo died.Collectors are a funny crowd. Each to his fancy.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Bruno touched on some good points.... IMO, purist have a dangerous way of thinking. Yes, I believe in keeping things to tradition.However, there is a thin line between tradition and falling behind. Ferrari needs to continue to improve, in order to keep up with the competition. It is a global economy, and the lines of nationality are blurred. So what if the Enzo wasn't designed by an Italian. People should view the Enzo as Ferraris most recent technological marvel. Ferrari should be praised for putting out such an amazing automobile. Design elements are subjective, and not everybody will like the Enzo's looks. Just remember that there are many maunufactorers clipping at the heals of Ferrari. Not to mention, FIAT'S economic turmoil.... :eek:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts