Ferrari Life Forum banner

Do you like the Enzo?

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed for a while that it seems not many on this forum are very fond of the Enzo. I would like to know why you are fond or not so fond of the Enzo.

Chris

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Its not on my all time favorite list because to own one I'd have to become a fugative or marry one and pay for it with the remainder of my dignity. I'm done with the marrying thing.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
It's not my favourite Ferrari supercar or general supercar, but I still like it and respect its capabilities and the technology that's gone into it. The supercars from the 80's and early 90's are still my favorites (McLaren F1 and F40, even the XJ220 and XJR15) but that is probably just an age thing. My son would say his favorite supercars are definitely the Enzo/FXX and Veyron.

BTW, I recently read in an auto mag that McLaren are bringing out their new supercar in 09/10. Whatever your views on the F1 team, they have made some pretty spectacular road cars and this one will be no different.

·
Registered
20 Posts
love it...

I think its a technical showcase of what Ferrari had accomplished on the track of that time. Love the styling as well. Just call me a "newbie" I guess.:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Completely agree, it is all about the emotion. However in this case, the Enzo leaves me cold.
I think cold is a bit too much, but IMHO the Enzo isn't as hot as the F50, so let's not even compare to the F40 hehehehe

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Enzo still does not do that much for me.

Just found an old auction catelog from 2004. Estimate on a 275 GTB/4 6C - Euro 220K-240k:yikes::yikes:
I see your point - but how many modern cars can do what the Enzo did.

Rumor was Porsche lost more that 250k on each Carrera GT and those cars are selling for almost half of list.

Says a lot about the Ferrari brand and their core customers.

Only dislikes I have are the doors and roll up windows :yikes:

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Just found an old auction catelog from 2004. Estimate on a 275 GTB/4 6C - Euro 220K-240k:yikes::yikes:
It's depressing to go through these old magazines and catalogs. To think I came in the money only a couple of years later... Just missed the window.

OTH - I read a 1990 review of a 330GTC two weeks ago which stated the car was for sale for GBP275k.... Funnily enough that very same car was in last month's Octane for the same price (not counting inflation). Both these prices and some of last week's auction prices were higher than what I paid for my GTC, so perhaps I still jumped on in time. But some cars will now forever be out of reach, I think.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
It's depressing to go through these old magazines and catalogs. To think I came in the money only a couple of years later... Just missed the window.

OTH - I read a 1990 review of a 330GTC two weeks ago which stated the car was for sale for GBP275k.... Funnily enough that very same car was in last month's Octane for the same price (not counting inflation). Both these prices and some of last week's auction prices were higher than what I paid for my GTC, so perhaps I still jumped on in time. But some cars will now forever be out of reach, I think.

Onno
Ya never know :)

I think without racing heritage their value drops ... just my .02

The only reason I bought a 69z28 and Healey 3000 was the racing heritage.

Ferrari heritage is expensive but it's also something that does not go down in value as most owners simply will not sell heritage cars.

Look at the Mc Claren vs the Enzo - it's a race car made street legal.

Speaking of which isn't the new Mc Claren due?

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts

Onno
The same catelog had a 330 GTC with an estimate of GBP 30K-40K:cry3:

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
I see your point - but how many modern cars can do what the Enzo did.

Rumor was Porsche lost more that 250k on each Carrera GT and those cars are selling for almost half of list.

Says a lot about the Ferrari brand and their core customers.

Only dislikes I have are the doors and roll up windows :yikes:
Two comments on the CGT vs. Enzo, Porsche produced 3-4X as many cars which does have a very direct impact on values. Other is the Enzo is a more special exotic car than the CGT (and I am a fan of the CGT).

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
To me the Enzo is one of the ugliest cars ever created. Even a frikin Yugo is better looking...and a whole lot cheaper.

The performance is outstanding but it's so damn ugly I could never own one.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 82 Posts