Ferrari Life Forum banner

What supercar would you rather own? (price and practicality not a factor)

Enzo vs McLaren F1 vs Veyron

4K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Dmitri 
#1 ·
Ok! The best of the best supercars. Which one would rather have the opportunity to own? Price and practicality not being a factor

Chris

#2 ·
This would be a tough decision for me. I absolutely love the Enzo (even though it has paddle shifters:rofl:), and I think the McLaren F1 is an amazing car. I don't really know much about the Veyron, but I am not much of a fan and just because it is the fastest car doesn't put it in the top of my list.

I love the Enzo because of the design, sound, and performance. The interior is really nice looking, the engine is beautiful, and it is one of the only Ferraris that I wouldn't want to replace the exhaust. I think the exhaust sounds great stock :D

So I guess I stick with the Ferrari:D :D It must be in black though :) This is one of the cars that I really want to see in person.

Chris

#3 ·
Hmm.

Koenigsegg CCXR over Veyron.

Mercedes CLK GTR over McLaren.

So I guess it's the Enzo for me due to no direct competitor. Still I really don't want it that bad. It doesn't do it for me actually and especially not considering the price tag. Oups, sorry but I couldn't keep to your rules. Can I get a F50 instead? :)

#6 ·
Veyron is pointless

This aircooled 2300hp hotrod cost less than a Veyron: http://www.flugwerk.de/fw190.shtm

I voted McLaren..

I did not intend to make this my first post on Ferrarilife but I could not resist to make fun of the utterly pointless Veyron. Costing a hideous amount of money and with 1000hp they are not able to beat a 25 year old laprecord on Nurburgring. That's a flawed design in my book.

I registered because I'm about to buy my first Ferrari.

#7 ·
This aircooled 2300hp hotrod cost less than a Veyron: http://www.flugwerk.de/fw190.shtm

I voted McLaren..

I did not intend to make this my first post on Ferrarilife but I could not resist to make fun of the utterly pointless Veyron. Costing a hideous amount of money and with 1000hp they are not able to beat a 25 year old laprecord on Nurburgring. That's a flawed design in my book.

I registered because I'm about to buy my first Ferrari.
Well welcome to the forum! What Ferrari are you looking at? I also think the Veyron is utterly ridiculous.

Chris

#11 ·
I went for the Veyron, but only because of what they achieved with it. I don't like the look of it that much, I'd rather have a Koenigsegg over any of the others and over a Zonda too.

I've always wondered why Top Gear have never taken the veyron around their track? They've featured it on the show many times, so maybe the VAG have told them they can use it for features but they can't do a hot lap in it just incase it gets beaten by a roller skate with a hairdryer motor taped to it.:rolleyes:

#13 ·
Can I change my mind and go for the Enzo now?
At first the styling did nothing for me at all, I couldn't see how Ferrari could ever better the looks of the F40. However, over the years the looks have softened, whilst I've only ever seen a handful in real life, I play with my son and his models most days, and I have really grown to like it, Maybe in another 10 years it will become a real classic and we'll all be talking about it?

This seems to be the trend with the more modern Ferrari's, F50, 360M, 550M, 599 GTB, Enzo. When they are launched, everyone goes yuk ~%*> !!!! But over time they get a following, we all become used to their styling and we start talking about how much we like them.

As far as the Enzo's performance goes, I don't think it really matters if it only goes 217 MPH compared to the McLarens 240 or Veyrons 252. How many people who own one of these beast is ever going to drive it at it's theoretical top speed? Where would you find a road or runway long enough to drive at that speed and stop safely?

#15 ·
For me, it's the McLaren without a shadow of a doubt. Even if it means having to accept something that was built by Ron Dennis who is not on my list of candidates for Cuddly Person of the Past Two Decades.

I think the F1 is the most beautiful supercar ever designed, and in many respects it's still unsurpassed. The Veyron is a technological tour de force but it's ugly and does not make my heart beat faster in any way. The Enzo is OK but still a bit cold. The F1 is just so special. And it's a very elite club - there are only about 100 of them.

Onno

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.