Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across this bit of news on a site earlier today. They are not sure if it is real or not. I have copied and pasted what they say as well as the so called leaked letter from Luca. Don't know which forum they are talking about. Any of you guys post this up:confused:

''The memo first appeared on a Ferrari fan forum, and although it’s authenticity hasn’t been confirmed, it appears to have been sent from company president Luca di Montezemolo to Ferrari’s Chinese importer.

It is written in English and confirms that the new car, still codenamed ‘FX150’ will have 794bhp and use a mid-mounted turbocharged V8 engine. The 0-62 mph time is claimed to be just 2.7 seconds, while the top speed is quoted at 390km/h: a cool 242mph.

The memo says that the car will use an all-carbonfibre body and chassis, keeping weight down to just 1300kg, and will have a seven-speed ‘Superfast’ gearbox capable of changing gear in just 50 milliseconds. It concludes by estimating that the price will be in the region of €1.2-€1.3 million, and that the car will go on sale ‘circa 2009’.

Is it genuine? If not, it’s a very convincing forgery – and with specs as impressive as these we hope it’s the real deal.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's true. I point I did not take note of in the so called letter. If your the president of a company, why sign it off as a CEO? That's all the proof then that one needs to know it is a fake.

Shows you what some people out there will go to, to start a rumour.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Ferrari FXX 0-60 I read was 2.8 seconds. Of course it isn't a road car, but a few years down the line I don't think it is that impossible.

Chris

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Enzo replacement is not due until 2011.

Next years new news/new models are the Calfornia and 430 Scuderia Spider. I would expect a limited edition 599 series as well.
I heard the replacement for the F430 is due for release in 2009 too. Are they bringing out a completely new Superamerica or just a revised version?

A limited edition 599.....you could just imagine what that would be like, being that the 599 is already a great car :)

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
I heard the replacement for the F430 is due for release in 2009 too. Are they bringing out a completely new California or just a revised version?

A limited edition 599.....you could just imagine what that would be like, being that the 599 is already a great car :)
Brain fart - should read California

430 replacement is 2010.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Brain fart - should read California

430 replacement is 2010.
LOL!! :D

Now it makes sense :) I got a bit confused thinking that Ferrari is bringing out another version of an already special edition model.

Easy mistake, Superamerica, California, both are related to the U.S.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I also like the design..but the back is.....different...

Chris

·
Registered
532 Posts
yea the front i like but the back looks japanese.:( yea and about the 2.7 second thing i seriously think thats capable with the next enzo, i mean the 430 scuderia is capable of launching from 0-100km/h in the same time as the enzo now, i cant wait to actually hear or see a real statement about the F70.:D and the next fcar to replace the f430:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts