Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
I need tell my friend about that. He's going to Chicago and will see the Enzo that Bentley Gold Coast has.

·
Registered
218 Posts
There was one for sale from Riyahdi, Saudi Arabia a few months back

·
Registered
749 Posts
I agree Andrew. There is a belief that selling at auction will return to the seller the highest price (ignoring commission, of course).. This is NOT the case. Selling at auction only gives you a price just higher than the SECOND-place bidder was prepared to pay.

For example, an Enzo sells on ebay for $1m. The second-highest bid may have been $999K. The top-bidder only had to go past the "limit" of #2 to get the car, even though he/she may have been prepared to pay say $1.2m.

You will get a better price by NOT letting potential buyers know what they are up against - ie selling by tender or direct. Then #1 would have to offer up to $1.2m if he really wanted to get it.

My 2c worth :wink:

·
Registered
776 Posts
And, right now (as of this post), the high bidder actually has a negative feedback score. Only last month he/she was labeled with "non paying bidder beware no response to emails".
Ebay is not a sure fire way to make money on auctions. Too many scammers out there.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
In my owners manual, it written very boldly that Ferraris not imported through the US dealers will have their warranty void.

So that's why US Ferraris have higher value when compared to non-US ones. Even if the Enzos that are available out of the US are cheaper they're not attractive to the buyers.

The guy would have paid US700,000+ when he bought it from the factory, so now he already ahs a US200,000+ premium!!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Yay, my parents told me this morning that we're going to Chicago next weekend. I'm gonna try to see this Enzo and the one at Bentley Gold Coast.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hmm, so I guess Ebay really isn't worth the trouble for a seller. As Robert said, there are alot of scammers on Ebay as well...

·
Registered
776 Posts
Rosso said:
Hmm, so I guess Ebay really isn't worth the trouble for a seller. As Robert said, there are alot of scammers on Ebay as well...
Well, for some items it's good. But those are small and easily shipped. I just sold a 1:64 scale car for $20 on eBay. It will cost me $3.85 to ship it. So there is a little bit of money earned. I also just recently sold a set of cars for right at $200. I only paid $20 for it so that was $175 profit. ($5 listing fee from eBay)

Once you start thinking about cars...well, the price you pay to eBay for the listing is expensive to begin with. Add that to the buyers inability to actually see the car in person; it makes them not as willing to part with their money. You would do better to put in in a live auction such as Barrett Jackson or one similar. That way, buyers can touch and see the car first and they are more sure of what they are buying therefore more willing to pay a higher premium.

But that's just my experience.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts