Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and Gentleman,

I have three Ferrari Formula 1 factory postcards. They are all preserved in unmatchable perfect condition with original Ferrari envelope. Enzo Ferrari personally signed all of them with his well know violet ink.
These are the details:

1. First letter, 24/1/1984, Text "Grazie degli auguri che contracambio e cordiali saluti, (signed) Ferrari." Modena, 24/2/1984. There is a picture of the Ferrari F1 car for 1984 on the front, so this is official card released before the season with mark # 292/83. Drivers were Arnoux and Alboreto and there is their sign also, however it's printed, not signed personally.
There is original Ferrari envelope and a date on it made in 25. 1. 1984. There is a mark on envelope 3/83.

2. Second letter, January 1985, Text "Grazie degli auguri che ricambio e cordiali saluti, (signed) Ferrari." Modena, Genaio, 1984. This is a yellowish formal Ferrari factory card, with a little prancing horse printed in the left upper corner. This is not a card with the picture. The envelope is also yellowish with inscription "Modena (prancing horse sign) Italia". The postal seal "22. 1.85"

3. Third letter, March 1985, Text "Grazie degli auguri che contracambio e cordiali saluti, (signed) Ferrari. On the bottom "Modena, 11/3/1985. Official pre-season postcard # 355/85 (VERY SCARCE!!!) with Alboreto and Arnoux (their sign is printed on the card) with their Ferrari car for 1985 year. Original Ferrari envelope, postal seal "13. 3.85". There is a mark on envelope 3/83.
There is original Ferrari envelope and a date on it made in 25. 1. 1984.

I will scan all items in a few days.

Are you interested in it? I might be interested to sale all of them for a good and fair price. Please, let me know about it.
Best regards,

Sipos Jozef, Europe

Email: [email protected]

P.S.: There is my address on all of the envelopes, of course.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please, be patiente, I will post the pictures in a few days. Don't have a scanner and I need to scan them first.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I'm not interested in buying, but what was your connection with Enzo Ferrari? It must have been great to wake up one morning and find a letter with the Ferrar-logo in your mailbox. Must have been better if it happened multiple times.

Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello everyone,

I have scaned the cards, but looks like I can post them only if I put them on the Internet. Since my address is displayed on the envelopes, I would rather not do so. Instead, I will send these scans to everyone interested.
The prices on the market are going like this:
Card 292/83 for 650 USDollars
Formal card approx 450 USDollars
Card 355/85 for 1000 USDollars (very scarce!)
Off course, I will give you a discount. If you are interested, please, give me your offer for it. I will sell all three together.
The story of how did I get these cards from Mr. Ferrari is that I liked him very much. I wrote a letter addressed to him for a happy new year 1984 and he replied. The same happen twice for 1985.

Best regards,
Sipos Jozef, Europe

P.S.: The story behind the card 355/85 and it's price is that Ferrari Formula 1 team has signed Alboreto and Arnoux as drivers for season 1985. However, Arnoux was driving only one (opening) race in 1985 and Johansson took over the car. So, you can rarely see a picture of Arnoux (who was a positive figure in F1) with the Ferrari F1 1985 on the official card - specially if signed by Mr. Enzo Ferrari. [/img][/url]

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I'm not a collector or else I'd really consider it.

You're a very lucky man Owl. To have Enzo himself sign the postcards and more, he really sent it to you.

I have 2 signed "Season's Greetings" cards by Luca Montezemolo because I am a customer and my name was submitted by our dealer but that is nothing compared to what you have.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, yes, I consider it a luck. I have seen same cards without signature his signature, and I'm sure Mr. Ferrari didn't spent his days in signing the cards either.
Actually, I remember how I showed him how important he was to me; I sent him my picture, which was somewhat childish (I was about 14), but looks like I gained some sympathy for this, at least from his Publlic Relation department that made a card and put it between other documents and letters to be signed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK, for the next 36 hours you can buy the whole package for just 1350 Dollars! :D
And yes, with 100 Dollars I will support this site if a members buys them!.
1250 goes to me, and 100 Dollars goes to expenses of this site. 8)

Anyone? :D

P.S.: I got two offers by now but I am giving you a chance to think about it and buy them!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dear Ferrari friends,

eight years have passed and I still receive offers for those Ferrari cards. I am sorry, they are sold and I have none of them for selling. Thank you for your interest and kind communication!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts